By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do You Think Capcom is Happy With Monster Hunter Tri Sales?

Do you think Capcom is happy with sales of Monster Hunter 3 so far?  Monster Hunter 3 has sold 0.83 million copies so far which is quite an impressive number (however, it probably isn't as impressive as the 3.72 million copies of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite! sold on PSP).

Many people were looking forward to seeing Monster Hunter 3 on PS3 prior to the announcement that it would be coming to the Wii.  The last few weeks, sales of Monster Hunter 3 have been in decline.

Do you think Capcom is entirely happy with the sales of Monster Hunter 3 on Wii or do you think they might think they could have done a bit better by putting it on one or both of the hd consoles instead?

Around the Network

Yes. They sold 1m to retailers thus far in only Japan and fully expect to meet their 2.5 WW sales estimates.

MH = legs

ask this question in 1 year for a more precise answer

for an accurate answer I would say maybe they are

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I think they should, japanese love portable consoles they couldnt expect over 1.5million sales in japan, which i think it will reach in a year or so i dont know how well it will sell worldwide though

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Too early to say.

It's not overexeeding expectations... though I doubt you could say it was underselling expectations.

How it's legs hold and if they can breach the western market will tell all.

All told it's the most popular console monster hunter by a lot.

Around the Network

as far as i recall they wanted 2 million overall so we will just have to wait and see

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

of course theve sold 800,000 plus in Japan only....but i think CAPCOMS mainly lookin at how it sells in the west

I remember reading that Capcom expected a million sales for Japan and another million for the west.

MH3 will likely reach one million in Japan before 2010. And great legs could pull it to 1.5 million in japan.

Capcom will be happy with its sales. They should be happy with now.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I remember reading that Capcom expected a million sales for Japan and another million for the west.

MH3 will likely reach one million in Japan before 2010. And great legs could pull it to 1.5 million in japan.

Capcom will be happy with its sales. They should be happy with now.

It reached 1 million in Japan already.

Capcom afterall goes by shipped.

MH3 shipped over 1 million units at laucnh.  The exact number and breakdown however has yet to be released.

1 Million in the West... that would be the uphill battle.  I think it'd need the 1.5 to hit 2 million.  Which is why the legs will matter.

Not according to some people on this forum atleast

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints