By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii-Fit Balance Board weight limit.

Apparently the Balance board has a weight limit of 136Kg (300lb) (18st10lb)

link:

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=9135&sid=291272dc35339ebb2515d91dd4fc2e88&title=136Kg+limit+for+Wii+Fit+Balance+Board

a sentence from the link says; "Based on this, it’s apparent that some of the more obese members of the gaming community may be unable to utilise Nintendo’s new get fit peripheral, nor play the included Wii Fit game bundle."

ok i have to make a comment here, if the Simpsons is anything to go by, 300lb+ is classed as not just obese but so obese to be disabled. I understand that the point of the game is to get fitter but i can't see people of such a weight being able to perform any of the tasks even if they could use the board....And i would also argue that Wii Fit is surely more about keeping fit not as an aid to stop you becoming clinically obese, and that anyone weighing that amount should have some sort of medical help in losing the weight and Wii Fit is probably not the best option.

Despite this though... "Earlier in the year Wii Fit producer Shigeru Miyamoto suggested in an interview with 1up that a new ‘super-size’ board may yet be available for countries outside of Japan."

thoughts?

Around the Network

Oh man this sucks for Soriku :(.

J/K.

Knid of defeats the purpose, doesn't it.

300 lbs is actually not that heavy, at least not to the point u are saying. Not to the point of being disabled, thats ridiculous. I had a good friend of mine that was over 300 lbs, and he we used to go doing mountain treks and hiking trips all the time, with him having no problem. Trust me, thats not even close to being disabled.

Soriku said:
@kon

>.>

@Saiyar

What?

If unfit peope can't use Wiifit how are they meant to get fitter. It was a joke.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
@kon

>.>

Sorry Soriku I am just happy that I can bully you again 

Bye bye Big brother feelings YES.

Well no it doesn't defeat the purpose, that's my point, someone of that weight would not benefit from silly little things like Wii Fit until they were a lot lighter....Wii Fit is not an aid to pull you back under the line that says you are obese.

n.b. 136Kg is twice my weight

TWRoO said:

Despite this though... "Earlier in the year Wii Fit producer Shigeru Miyamoto suggested in an interview with 1up that a new ‘super-size’ board may yet be available for countries outside of Japan."

Wow, that makes perfect sense.

I'm 260...a bit overweight. Not horribly though...most people would say I'm average. I am 6'2" after all. Of course...I could definitely transfer a lot of that weight into muscle instead of fat hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Outside of Japan, are there no fat people in Japan or what?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089