By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics Whore Showdown Round 1: Metal Gear Solid 4 vs Gears of War 2

CGI-Quality said:

I must disagree, as it is an opinion.

Did you play both?? I played.

And yes, this is just an opinion .

Around the Network

i think the guys who voted for Gears 2 didnt play MGS4 they actually judged the graphics of MGS4 from the web photos.

^^LOL i havent played neither of them

You can call me a fanboy all you want.... MGS4 was questioned for showing footage that no one thought was in game.... and it was .... The bg textures are better in GOW2..... but the charecter models and animation goes to MGS4 all day long..... I remember looking at the faces of the beuties ...... it looked real... i couldnt believe it.....

CGI-Quality said:
perpride said:
FKNetwork said:
The voting is OVER, Gears Of War 2 won easily, move on......

Wait, so let me see if I got this right. More 360 fanboys were online during the time you guys were voting so Gears 2 wins? Interesting...especially considering MGS4 won like 3rd or 4th best game of all time on this site while Gears wasn't even close. Please don't try and make it seem as if you guys objectively know which one is better. Much like many of you, I own both as well. IMO, whoever has played both games and still says Gears looks better just does not like MGS or the PlayStation brand.

MGS4 is the clear winner, I have never seen anything like the character models in MGS4. It also isn't overrun by glitches.

Absolute BLASPHEMY.

Aspects of both look great, I just give it to Gears for detail and scope, while MGS4 receives the credit for character models and animation.......all while I favor the PlayStation brand....

Okay, everyone BUT CGI :)

I honestly do think if half the people in this thread had actually played and spent time with both they wouldn't blindly say Gears.

Around the Network

I don't know about graphics GoW2 looks fantastic so it's better propably.

but overall storyline & characters are much deeper and better in mgs4 IMO.

Gears wha?

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Easily Gears 2. Even in static images it's apparent, but MGS4 also has an inconsistent framerate. It's not locked in, so it bounces from 60 to 30ish quickly, and that takes away from production. There is no voting here, it's obvious.

Because Gears is silky smooth?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Well, MGS4 DOES upscales to 1080p at 60fps most of the time.... can GeoW2 do that?

dontmakemelaf said:
Well, MGS4 DOES upscales to 1080p at 60fps most of the time.... can GeoW2 do that?

Both Gears 1 and 2 upscale to 1080p as does every single 360 game, perhaps you better not comment on things you don't know about.  Gears 2 btw is capped at 30fps, mainly to stop screen tearing by having a variable framerate.

To the guy earlier mentioning people blindly voting for Gears 2, I have both games too and Gears 2 came out on top pretty comfortably but as I said MGS4 is still a great looking game regardless.