By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Some retailers already sold out of PS3 Slim

Of course there is going to be an upfront demand.

Around the Network

Good, demand is lovely.

As a side note, my local gamecrazy only received 2 slims, and nobody pre-ordered them. I just got one of those two

@CGI

one extra ps3 sold = bad for microsoft

ps3 will give them competition now

I don't see how it isnt bad for microsoft

greenmedic88 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Sounds good, although Sony better stay on top of the shipments. This is still good news though, the PS3 will finally be able to compete again.

No worries there. Remember SCE has already gone on record as stating "We have trucks!"

Forget trucks, they'll need another factory at this rate...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Went to Future Shop and Bestbuy today both had plenty on the floor.

Around the Network

I know I'm a bit of a Sony fanboy but I can honestly say a lot of my friends are now getting a PS3. They've been waiting on this price cut for a long time. I don't have a hugh circle of friends but 9 of them are definitly getting a PS3 before christmas.

I think everyone including Sony underestimated the impact a price cut would have. Top that up with the hugh ad campaigns there about to do and PS3 is gonna be as hot as PS2 was.

Considering the official launch isnt til the 1st, it's not surprising that those who put it out early have sold out.

was trying to order one for a friend from newegg...already sold out.

NJ5 said:
Either retailers underestimated demand, or Sony didn't have enough to ship.

The problem with these news is that we never know which one is the case.

Really? Even when Sony stated they had enough?

Sigh..

Kantor said:
greenmedic88 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Sounds good, although Sony better stay on top of the shipments. This is still good news though, the PS3 will finally be able to compete again.

No worries there. Remember SCE has already gone on record as stating "We have trucks!"

Forget trucks, they'll need another factory at this rate...

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)