By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Underage Drinking?

Craan said:
the one where you said high school was awesome?

The one where you asked how to get a girlfriend and came off sounding like a sociopath? (no offense)

Or the one that demonstrated that 14 year olds probably shouldn't have cell phones?

the one about the girl and i said i was drinking later in the thread ;p btw im wearing one of those funny shirsts and it says phyco path on it :D

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Craan said:
the one where you said high school was awesome?

The one where you asked how to get a girlfriend and came off sounding like a sociopath? (no offense)

Or the one that demonstrated that 14 year olds probably shouldn't have cell phones?

He said he drank with a girl and had a "good time". I proposed him that he could play hide and seek but he preferes to drink.

He also mentionned he wanted to have sex 40 times.

hahaha i love sex

Words Of Wisdom said:
Craan said:

Now you may wonder why I'm upset about my classmates drinking? I am upset not only because it highlights the false ideas about maturity they hold, but also because of the numerous negative consequences that drinking, particularly underage drinking, such as the bad decisions that people can make when ther'ye drunk, unprotected sex and drinking and driving, and also the effects on the still developing brain.

So what do you think about drinking and driving?

So what you're really saying is... you weren't invited.

Me never being invited to high school parties is a non issue.  Most people who have parties at my school are the wealthier students.  I hang out with kids who while well liked are typically on the lower end of the socioeconomic ladder, I'm the one in the group who doesn't get invited to parties. I don't feel bad about it because I don't like parties.  My dad has been the bass player for a locally popular band in a nearby city he is poor.  But he's also a bit of a local celebrity I've went to dozens of his shows since I was 6 years old all across the southeast I've been to plenty of parties that most kids I know would have loved to been to, I have experienced more partying and been in places someone my age wouldn't typically get to be because I was with him, I've had ample opportunities to drink smoke do drugs, and when I'm in a club where he's playing people just assume I'm 21.  But I've never drank smoked nothing in my life.  Hell I'm a virgin. I've been In that environment whenever I visit him and its more or less normal.

Underage drinking is a weird issue...because most people did it.

But there is a big difference between a 14 year old drinking and a 19 year old drinking (in Australia you can buy alcohol after 18...but let's pretend this is USA, where it is 21)

There are also two types of underage drinkers...the social drinker, and the social binger. The social drinker has a few beers when at a party, and gets slightly tipsy if anything. The social binger always tries to get completely wasted at parties, and runs around saying "How wasted am I?" and "I had like 12 Beers, 10 shots of Vodka and a Jager bomb"

The first one is acceptable...as long as they are not below 15. The second one, I don't recommend it EVER!

Anyway, overdrinking is wrong whatever age you have.

Around the Network
Craan said:

Drinking, it seems as if it's becoming increasingly common among teenagers, and I'm not talking about the college crowd, I'm talking about those who aren't even old enough to smoke  .Drinking, and not just a glass of wine at dinner or a beer at a party I'm talking about kids, getting wasted to use the parlance of are time.  (Now I don't drink, when I do things I tend to over do them, I haven't been playing video games that much over the past couple years but when I do play I play all day long, when I read I read all day long, when I eat I eat until theres nothing left or I'm about to throw up, and if I drank I'd probably do it until I passed out.) I find it troubling that most of my friends and a large percentage of the people I go to school with equate drinking or smoking or partying as adult things to do and I sense that a big factor behind much of the drinking that goes on among high school students, is that it is a mature adult thing to do.  Just like when I was in 6th grade and the most popular game among my friends was GTA because they equated it with being grown up (I also remember being criticized for having a Gamecube because it was "kiddy").

Now you may wonder why I'm upset about my classmates drinking? I am upset not only because it highlights the false ideas about maturity they hold, but also because of the numerous negative consequences that drinking, particularly underage drinking, such as the bad decisions that people can make when ther'ye drunk, unprotected sex and drinking and driving, and also the effects on the still developing brain.

Bolded: That sounds really weird :/ The drinking age should be lower, or the same, as the smoking age.

I think you could reduce drink driving cases by making the drinking age lower than the driving age.

I just checked your age. It is perfectly normal for an 18 year old to get drunk at least once a week in the UK. Alcohol isn't the devil :)

Boutros said:

Anyway, overdrinking is fun whatever age you have.

fixed

SciFiBoy said:
Boutros said:

Anyway, overdrinking is fun whatever age you have.

fixed

Why fix what's not broken?

Words Of Wisdom said:
Craan said:

So what you're really saying is... you weren't invited.

I was invited to every party and I didn't really smoke or drink or all that otherstuff.

Of course I'm also very libretarian so it didn't really bother me that people were stupid enough to do that shit.

Except the Drunk driving anyway.  That's a risk to someone else.

When it comes to Drinking I take the "Ghengis Khan" approach.

If people wanna fuck themselves up though.  That's their own choice.  I've seen peopel ruin their lives on things as harmless as pot.

Oh if anyone is actually wondering what the Ghengis Khan approach is.

"If unable to abstain from drinking, a man may get drunk three times a month; if he does it more than three times he is culpable; if he gets drunk twice a month it is better; if once a month, this is still more laudable; and if one does not drink at all what can be better? But where can I find such a man? If such a man were found he would be worthy of the highest esteem"