By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xboxist.com - 299$ Elite vs PS3 Showdown

Close enough.

Around the Network
restored_lost said:

the little metacritic statistic is misleading as hell, if you take that percentage down 5 points to 85%,(still good score) then the ps3 wins. i work at a gamestop i see the ebb and flow of average joe consumers looking at the walls we have in our store, and the xbox one is bigger and we do make more money off of it, i say the attention they both get is equal. i think the "better games" argument has ended. if u wanna say more games by all means go for it.

No it doesn't, not that the argument matters

I think the fact that a site called "Xboxist" gave the win to the PS3 shows what an annihilation this holiday season will be.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The ps3 simply has much more value for the price right now. In terms of games, you can spin that whichever way you want.

Khuutra said:
Close enough.

Isn't the 360 Wifi 100 USD? If so isn't that a 100 dollar difference?

Around the Network

@Akvod 

True, but if you add a PS3 slim stand and PS2 for  backwards compability then the ps3 slim is really $425.

While the Elite is $600.

Garnett said:

@Akvod 

True, but if you add a PS3 slim stand and PS2 for  backwards compability then the ps3 slim is really $425.

While the Elite is $600.

According to the Xboxist, they considered the 360 to not have adequete enough BC to be considered to have one. And the PS3 slim can still play PS1 games so if we are to consider the 360 to be fully compatible with the Xbox lineup, the PS3 is too with the PS1 (which is, in my subjective opinion, better, since you can easily buy a PS2, which many people bought the last gen with 100 milion+ sales, but you cannot buy a PS1 anymore) so you can argue that both consoles have the capability to play games from 2 generations.

I don't know where you got the additional 25 from (300+100, well, it's supposed to be 299+99=398).

Disregarding everything I said, with what you said, not counting in the subjective value of games, then the PS3 is clearly the better bang for its buck O.o

Can you tell me how you added it up? I'm assuming you added 98 dollars for Bluray or something to the 360.

@Akvod

Actually they do conside it to have BC.

The additional 25$ came from the Stand,PS3 slim cant stand up on its own without falling over when trying to insert a movie.

The extra $100 came for the PS2,It makes up for the missing BC.

Either way the PS3 is a way better deal than the 360.

Garnett said:

@Akvod

Actually they do conside it to have BC.

The additional 25$ came from the Stand,PS3 slim cant stand up on its own without falling over when trying to insert a movie.

The extra $100 came for the PS2,It makes up for the missing BC.

Either way the PS3 is a way better deal than the 360.

O.o Then what's with the OP's pic?

@Akvod

I dont know,something that makes the 360 seem LESS valueable I suppose,Photoshop FTW!