By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xboxist.com - 299$ Elite vs PS3 Showdown

Do we get free LIVE on PS3? I guess then no.

Around the Network

Sorry but IMO you get more bang for your buck if you go with the PS3 unless your a MS/360 harcore.

help us Obi-Wan Kenobi, your our only hope.

Yep, i'm a girl

candy2500 said:
help us Obi-Wan Kenobi, your our only hope.

""They are too old now... nothing we can teach them... full of anger they are...""

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Munkeh111 said:
NJ5 said:
Since when does the 360 not have backwards compatibility?

It's limited... but the PS3 does have PS1 BC.

Anyway, it's not just about the hardware, its about the games, and that is just subjective

Limited?

The list is quit big IMO

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Around the Network
BrayanA said:

Limited?

The list is quit big IMO

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

As long as Stranger's Wrath isn't on this list, the xbox doesn't have backward compatibility to me.

Isn't the comparison table missing the wireless headset on the part of the Elite? or did that disappear along with the HDMI cable?

And surely the budget conscious Christmas buyer probably won't be looking down the $300 aisle but will be looking more at the $249 Wii and $199 360 Arcade. The budget concsious buyer isn't going to be walking in to a retailer thinking "should I get Elite or Slim" but rather "What's the cheapest games machine I can get". And folks that's the 360 Arcade. The Slim and Elite are only going to get a serious look in if people are feeling less price sensitive.

OTOH for those walking in to a retailer thinking "I want the best console there is" then the field is wide open and it all comes down to what that person considers as the most important features of a console. I have my view on what the most important features are, others have a different view. I'd wager that if you took the console names off the table and did a blind survey more people would say that column B represented the better value for money.

Interestingly though it seems that only in some markets can this comparison really be made. Because in many markets the Elite will retail for less than the Slim.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

NJ5 said:
Since when does the 360 not have backwards compatibility?

Yeah and 720p movies to download. (Soon 1080p and for dynamic streaming)

Some Xbox fansite eh?

Kantor said:
I think the fact that a site called "Xboxist" gave the win to the PS3 shows what an annihilation this holiday season will be.

i know, even the most hardcore xbox owners admit that PS3 has better value now...i never tought i'd live long enough to see that

MAFKKA said:
The only thing bothering me with this is the lack of Internet Browser, Life and VidZone in the "Additional Services" box.

Looking at "value for the buck", i'd say both pack a big punch. But WiFi is a big plus on the PS3 side. But being able to hack the console and download games for the 360 is just as big for the 360 side.

But as an average Joe, looking at them side by side. I'd go for PS3 based on that chart alone.

The chart seems a little biased towards the PS3, even if it is an Xbox fansite. There's no mention of streaming movies, or the far superior library of Xbox games. 

Also as an average joe, you'd look right at the 199$ 360, realize you could actually pay your car loan on time with the other 100 and snag it right up.