By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman Arkham Asylum, GOTY Contender

Mummelmann said:
disolitude said:
WTF is with hype for this game?

Ok, so batman has a decent game...big deal. I havent seen anything great or original in this thus far.
This game threads on ideas that the first splineter cell had and ads predictable beat em up elements.

Coutner! Counter!

Give me a break...

And how many good games in that genre do we have? Not a whole lot so it is kind of a big deal to some. I love the SC games so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy this one as well!

I am not saying its not a good time...but this is like the 5th thread on how amazing this game is.

It looks nice, sounds nice and plays nice. And thats where it ends... This ain't no GOTY.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
disolitude said:

Ok, so batman has a decent game...big deal. I havent seen anything great or original in this thus far.
This game threads on ideas that the first splineter cell had and ads predictable beat em up elements.

Coutner! Counter!

Give me a break...

are you the same guy that said you liked WET and don't know why everyone hate it?

well, see this is a good game , so why do you hate it  ?

Karrrrrrrrrrrrmmmaaaaaaaaa

Yeah I don't hate this...just hate the free pass its recieving everywhere cause its a decent batman game.

he said GOTY contendor, though that makes me want to get the game, i am not a fan of batman though.

The game is awesome. It's my second game on my PS3 and I love it. Splinter cell is not as well refined nor does it have anywhere near as good a plot or immersion.

The only thing splinter cell has is a more challenging combat system, and its not that much more challenging.

disolitude said:

Coutner! Counter!

Give me a break...

And Modern Warfare is just another shooter and Uncharted is a Tomb Raider clone.  Very few games are completely original.  But when a game raises the bar for a ceratin genre people should take notice (Like the two games mentioned above).  Batman is the best 3rd person action game released so far this year.  And it flew under a lot of people's radar.  I just feel people should know how good this game really is.

Besides that, it's a Licensed Game done right.  How often does that happen?

Around the Network
Pipedream24 said:
disolitude said:

Coutner! Counter!

Give me a break...

And Modern Warfare is just another shooter and Uncharted is a Tomb Raider clone.  Very few games are completely original.  But when a game raises the bar for a ceratin genre people should take notice (Like the two games mentioned above).  Batman is the best 3rd person action game released so far this year.  And it flew under a lot of peoples radar.  I just feel people should know how good this game really is.

My bitterness about this game is starting to show eh...Im sorry, i really dislike it.

I don;t know, this could be the best 3rd person adventure game this year, but so far its been slim pickins. And this did not fly under any radar. People were hyping this over a year ago when it was shown at 2008 E3.

To me the game is way to easy and very scripted to be considered a great game. Its pretty much guiding the player through everything you need to do.

In combat, you need to counter? No problem, the little blue aura around the enemy tells you that and give you plenty of time...

In exploration, you need to find and exit? No problem, it will glow a different color when you switch to your blue heat view

In stealth, you need to sneak up on enemy? No problem, game will circle where you need to shoot your rope gun...you don't even need to aim.

Its just so scripted, no intuition or skill needed...reminds me of guitar hero. Just push buttons as game dictates.

GOTY so far, imo

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

It has surprisingly good reviews. Rocksteady Studios doesn't have an impressive trackrecord. Only Urban Chaos 75%. However in 3 years they released this new Batman game with very good reviews so far 92,85% (13 reviews).

I say contender yes... winner no...

disolitude said:
Pipedream24 said:
disolitude said:

Coutner! Counter!

Give me a break...

And Modern Warfare is just another shooter and Uncharted is a Tomb Raider clone.  Very few games are completely original.  But when a game raises the bar for a ceratin genre people should take notice (Like the two games mentioned above).  Batman is the best 3rd person action game released so far this year.  And it flew under a lot of peoples radar.  I just feel people should know how good this game really is.

My bitterness about this game is starting to show eh...Im sorry, i really dislike it.

I don;t know, this could be the best 3rd person adventure game this year, but so far its been slim pickins. And this did not fly under any radar. People were hyping this over a year ago when it was shown at 2008 E3.

To me the game is way to easy and very scripted to be considered a great game. Its pretty much guiding the player through everything you need to do.

In combat, you need to counter? No problem, the little blue aura around the enemy tells you that and give you plenty of time...

In exploration, you need to find and exit? No problem, it will glow a different color when you switch to your blue heat view

In stealth, you need to sneak up on enemy? No problem, game will circle where you need to shoot your rope gun...you don't even need to aim.

Its just so scripted, no intuition or skill needed...reminds me of guitar hero. Just push buttons as game dictates.

G4 gave Fable II GOTY. Lets just say that not only is this game significantly better technically, atmospherically, vocally and verbally, it has better gameplay, way more challenge, and a significantly longer campaign. Oh, and the story is perfect too.

This could very well get a GOTY award from someone.

disolitude said:

Coutner! Counter!

Give me a break...

I agree completely, its nothing special and just because its a slow time of year its being treated like the second coming.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.