By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman Arkham Asylum, GOTY Contender

Okay I'll go buy it right now.

Around the Network

Just finished the game! There were several, "Holy shit, that was awesome!", moments near the end. 9.5 out of 10, for me.......and I really can't think of a reason why I'm not giving it a ten! Anybody with opinions based on the demo or a couple of hours of play, SEE THIS GAME THROUGH TO THE END. It's one of my most enjoyable gaming experiences EVER.

@Disolitude Lots of reviewers seem to disagree with you. Any game that can get consistently over 90% across the board (from an unknown developer too!) deserves attention. I've yet to play it but I've heard a LOT of praise for it from a lot of people. The consensus seems to be that this goes above and beyond a solid action-game effort. Given all of that, I think its prospects for GOTY deserve to be discussed.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

JUG said:
@Disolitude Lots of reviewers seem to disagree with you. Any game that can get consistently over 90% across the board (from an unknown developer too!) deserves attention. I've yet to play it but I've heard a LOT of praise for it from a lot of people. The consensus seems to be that this goes above and beyond a solid action-game effort. Given all of that, I think its prospects for GOTY deserve to be discussed.

Well people like different things and are in diferent mindstates when they are gaming. By all means check it out. You may enjoy it immensly like everyone else and their mothers...

Besides I can think of many reasons why this is getting a LOT of praise. People like batman and are happy to have him in a good videogame for once. IF you go to metacritic you will see that half of the reviews have "wow, best licence based superhero game ever!"

Ok, so its a good superhero game. Im sure it beats spiderman and wolverine. But how does it compare to the rest of the gaming world?

Sadly I lost interest in the game after 2 hours of playing. Wolfenstien (very fun game and much more underrated than Batman) will keep me busy until FEAR 2 single player expansion and Raiden 4 come out in September and then its Halo ODSt time so I guess I'll never know if Batman is all that...

Doubt it will get GOTY, it doesnt deserve it. The game would be in the 80s if people werent so on Batmans dick after the Christopher Nolan movies.

Combat is easy and repetitive (at least its no God of War button masher), graphics are okay and enviroments are dull and repetitive. Enviroments are completely non interactive save for being able to break screens. Characters look stiff like robots when talking. Gameplay(which is #1 for me) is a fresh mix of other generes I like. Laughable hit detection(90% of the slo mo finishes completely miss).Lots of sweet bios on many not so well known characters. Short and easy with no replay value for most. Some boss fights are cool, others are complete let downs(Scarecrow). I envision a huge amount of trade ins on this game in the coming week. Worth a rent, but I wouldn't spend more than $20 on this to buy.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
CDiablo said:
Doubt it will get GOTY, it doesnt deserve it. The game would be in the 80s if people werent so on Batmans dick after the Christopher Nolan movies.

Combat is easy and repetitive (at least its no God of War button masher), graphics are okay and enviroments are dull and repetitive. Enviroments are completely non interactive save for being able to break screens. Characters look stiff like robots when talking. Gameplay(which is #1 for me) is a fresh mix of other generes I like. Laughable hit detection(90% of the slo mo finishes completely miss).Lots of sweet bios on many not so well known characters. Short and easy with no replay value for most. Some boss fights are cool, others are complete let downs(Scarecrow). I envision a huge amount of trade ins on this game in the coming week. Worth a rent, but I wouldn't spend more than $20 on this to buy.

I guess it just wasn't your cup of tea.  You're entitled to your opinion.  At least you saw it through to the end. 

*climbs back onto Batman's dick*

YES!!  Take me, Bat-daddy!!

d21lewis said:
CDiablo said:

I guess it just wasn't your cup of tea.  You're entitled to your opinion.  At least you saw it through to the end. 

*climbs back onto Batman's dick*

YES!!  Take me, Bat-daddy!!

The mental image of Zap and Batman going at it is quite disturbing.  I bet if I look around I could find someone who has written a fanfic like that :P