By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF6 (FF3 on SNES) is by far the best Final Fantasy game

This is the game that should be remade.  The best story and the best combat system (relics).

Around the Network

FF6 isnt FF3 is it?

they had a conflict in names for whatever reason. I think we're talking about the one with Terra and locke and the huge cast of playable characters

Final Fantasy 3 on SNES was originally ported from Japanese Final Fantasy 6. The remake on PS one was again named FF6.

I'd put both FFX and FFVII before it, but it was still a kick-ass game.

Around the Network

It's certainly one of the greatest, but I still like FF7 better, it was a bigger jump in : graphics (oh the awe-inspiring cinematics!), script (lots of more dialogue, character development, better all the way than what the games were limited in 32MB cartridges, the materia system is still to me the best gameplay mechanic of any FF game, relics and magicite can't hold a candle against it. Final Fantasy 6 villian is really cool, but honestly, what's the big deal about Keftka aside from his excentric antics and maniac delusions? Sephiroth has a whole background story, motivations, and he's a lot cooler to boot.

I think I'm talking with a solid objective point of view here, since I recently finished FF7 again, and I have certainly played and finished FF6 at least 3 times in the last 4 years. I can objectively say the glare and shine of the FF7 did ware off and didn't stand the test of time (how could it?) but that PSone games still has lots of things to be marveled about even today, the gameplay is so deep, the beastiary so large, the easter eggs, the materia customization, the sidequests, the extras...it's so so big. It certainly passed the nostalgia test. If you want a fair comparison you had to play those games during their prime and then play then again 10 years later, I know I did, and FF7 just beats FF6, it was just too big for its time and still shows.

@The. FF7 has aged horribly. Urgh, lego-blocks.

Personally I also really like FFIV, haven't played much after FF7 (did play a bit of FF8 and FF9) so can't really judge the later ones that much.

I liked Final Fantasy X better, considering the old Final Fantasties weren't to favor of my taste as far as battle system was considered and story-wise. Final Fantasy X is what got me into JRPG's in the first place and I thank Square En... I meant SquareSoft for that awesome game!

I agree!

@Rath, what if the poligons don't look good? the backgrounds are ages better than those in prior FF games.