By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF6 (FF3 on SNES) is by far the best Final Fantasy game

Kasz216 said:
Fab_GS said:
Which one of FFVI versions is the best, SNES, PS or GBA?

PS is the worst... because there are loading times after EVERYTHING... also for some reason the music is washed out.

Outside of that... i've never played the GBA version... but probably the GBA version.   In the remakes they have a way of editing back in stuff that was changed to fit with censors.

Having played all three I say go with the SNES original. Playstation version had horrible load times and the music sounds a little odd when comapred to the SNES.  The GBA has some extra dungeons and charactor pictorals during conversation but the sounds chip of the GBA is nowhere near as powerful as the SNES.  This causes some of the insterments to sounds grainy.  For most games this isn't a problem but the soundtrack of FF6 is simply amazing and for it to be degraded is defentaly points against the GBA version.

For the best possible experience play the origional on the SNES.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

I really thought FF6 was a better game because of the character development. There were so many characters, and plenty of back story for most of them. This also combined with the lack of a true main character made the game feel different then most FF games (always centered on 1 character).

And how many FF games could be defeated with anywhere from 3 to 12 characters?

darklich13 said:
Kasz216 said:
Fab_GS said:
Which one of FFVI versions is the best, SNES, PS or GBA?

PS is the worst... because there are loading times after EVERYTHING... also for some reason the music is washed out.

Outside of that... i've never played the GBA version... but probably the GBA version.   In the remakes they have a way of editing back in stuff that was changed to fit with censors.

Having played all three I say go with the SNES original. Playstation version had horrible load times and the music sounds a little odd when comapred to the SNES.  The GBA has some extra dungeons and charactor pictorals during conversation but the sounds chip of the GBA is nowhere near as powerful as the SNES.  This causes some of the insterments to sounds grainy.  For most games this isn't a problem but the soundtrack of FF6 is simply amazing and for it to be degraded is defentaly points against the GBA version.

For the best possible experience play the origional on the SNES.

I'll go with the SNES version then.
Thanks guys.

lestatdark said:

Aria di mezzo carattere...nuff said xD

"Dancing Mad"

PART 1                          PART 2

Incredible soundtrack!

largedarryl said:
I really thought FF6 was a better game because of the character development. There were so many characters, and plenty of back story for most of them. This also combined with the lack of a true main character made the game feel different then most FF games (always centered on 1 character).

And how many FF games could be defeated with anywhere from 3 to 12 characters?

Yeah... lack of a single main character is an amazing thing that few games pull off well.

I'm not sure if i can think of another actually.

Still when it comes to absolute character development i'd give the nod to 4 over all other final fantasies.

How they wove the story of redemption through EVERY main character was really a masterpiece.

Around the Network

It's a fine game but I'm starting to get tired of people dwelling on FF 6. All we need now is someone to remind us of how great "Snake Eater" was and how it's the best game in the MGS franchise.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

FF6 is the musical version of The Beatles. Whenever you want to sound like you have amazing video game taste, you an just name drop "yes, Final fantasy 6. YOU would know it as 3 my good man" and sound picky.

It's a fantastic game. I'm still not convinced its the best Final Fantasy game though. I thought FF4 and FF7 were brilliant, and FF9 I still think is the most under-appreciated of them all.

Yes. FFVI is the best ever.

Locke FTW!!!

www.jamesvandermemes.com

marciosmg said:

Locke FTW!!!

The creapy demented theif in love with a corpse, are you sure?

largedarryl said:
marciosmg said:

Locke FTW!!!

The creapy demented theif in love with a corpse, are you sure?

>_> >_< <_< O_o

LOL.

You should get a job writing Valentine Day`s cards.

www.jamesvandermemes.com