By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Further delays?

I don't know but....it seems kind of odd for them to delay it two months.

You'd think Nintendo would really just push them to release it two months earlier so it could be a massive Christmas seller. Seems odd.

I think there might be another delay, and this release date announcement is just so that there's not as huge of a backlash from "OMG IT'S BEEN DELAYED TILL APRIL/MAY/JUNE/WHATEVER 2008?" 

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

Delay what?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Brawl..

He should have mentioned that in the subject line or something :P To me it sounds nothing more but like a perfect strategy. Japan will get Mario Galaxy, Nights, No More Heroes, Zack & Wiky, Umbrella Chronicles before the holidays. The US about the same, except No More Heroes plus Fire Emblem, Mario & Sonic at the olympics. Releasing Brawls at the same time, while you have already a bunch of top games hitting the WII is more like picking in your own eyes.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I don't believe their is a strategy , the game just got delayed that is everything.

Around the Network

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." (you oughta know who)

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

I don't think Brawl will be delayed more, but I guess this means that we won't see Mario Kart before May (Which annoys me since I'm way more looking forward to Kart than to Brawl).

By the way, why does everyone mention that Nights will be part of the holiday lineup? I thought this was also delayed?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

KruzeS said:
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." (you oughta know who)

I believe GOD said this. I could be wrong.

Personally I hope this means their adding more content. Not that the game needs more in the single player option, but the online looks scarce, you had random battles, friend battles, and they now mentioned co-op. But why not a leaderboard, online tournaments and such? that would be huge. Maybe with all the talk about this game, and Snake's popular appearance, the whole Sonic revival, maybe another 3rd party volunteered a big player for the game. All I can say is this game is huge, and it looks amazing.

Has anyone noticed with Nintendo's new confindence they sort of went back to their old habit of delaying games. I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean they seem to feel there is enough support out there so that they can focus on making their games even better. Metroid and Mario are showing there polish off this year, and I'm hoping to see it next year with Smash and Day of disaster and such.

fkusumot said:
KruzeS said:

I believe GOD said this. I could be wrong.

+1