By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Further delays?

fooflexible said:
Personally I hope this means their adding more content. Not that the game needs more in the single player option, but the online looks scarce, you had random battles, friend battles, and they now mentioned co-op. But why not a leaderboard, online tournaments and such? that would be huge. Maybe with all the talk about this game, and Snake's popular appearance, the whole Sonic revival, maybe another 3rd party volunteered a big player for the game. All I can say is this game is huge, and it looks amazing.

Has anyone noticed with Nintendo's new confindence they sort of went back to their old habit of delaying games. I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean they seem to feel there is enough support out there so that they can focus on making their games even better. Metroid and Mario are showing there polish off this year, and I'm hoping to see it next year with Smash and Day of disaster and such.

Went back? When did they ever stop?  Metroid was originally planned as a launch title, and vertually ever game Nintendo has released this year was a much delayed Gamecube port (Zelda, FE, Donkey, SPM, etc.). 

Online Tournaments would be friggin' amazing.  The hours I would waste..... 

As for a new character being added last second, I highly doubt it.  But it's an intriquing thought.  But who would carry that much weight?  Master Chief!!  lol.  No chance, but that'd drive hype and sales through the roof.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
fooflexible said:
Personally I hope this means their adding more content. Not that the game needs more in the single player option, but the online looks scarce, you had random battles, friend battles, and they now mentioned co-op. But why not a leaderboard, online tournaments and such? that would be huge. Maybe with all the talk about this game, and Snake's popular appearance, the whole Sonic revival, maybe another 3rd party volunteered a big player for the game. All I can say is this game is huge, and it looks amazing.

Has anyone noticed with Nintendo's new confindence they sort of went back to their old habit of delaying games. I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean they seem to feel there is enough support out there so that they can focus on making their games even better. Metroid and Mario are showing there polish off this year, and I'm hoping to see it next year with Smash and Day of disaster and such.

Went back? When did they ever stop? Metroid was originally planned as a launch title, and vertually ever game Nintendo has released this year was a much delayed Gamecube port (Zelda, FE, Donkey, SPM, etc.).

Online Tournaments would be friggin' amazing. The hours I would waste.....

As for a new character being added last second, I highly doubt it. But it's an intriquing thought. But who would carry that much weight? Master Chief!! lol. No chance, but that'd drive hype and sales through the roof.

Yeah I can't wait to play people online. I'm doubting a new character, but it's a possibiblity, I'm actually thinking they are tweaking the game quite a bit, probably the hardest part of any fighting game is balancing all the characters.

ABout the delays: It just seemed the GC days weren't as bad as the n64 days of delays, and I felt pretty sure mario and smash bros. would have seen earlier releases if the Wii wasn't as popular as it was at launch.