By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Slimebeast predicts: NPD and remaining PS3 & X360 sales 2009

Carl2291 said:
gergroy said:
Carl2291 said:
Even if that is true, it is still being marketted as a controller free thing.

As RPG said earlier, using a controller defeats the purpose of Natal.

So once again... no, i am not being silly.

lol, so the fact that ps3 is marketed as a game machine must mean I can't watch blu ray movies on it because it defeats the purpose?  Or that I can't browse the internet on the ps3 because it isn't marketed for that?  Can't play music off the hard drive of my ps3 or 360 because it isn't marketed for that?

Since when does marketing lingo determine the purpose of a product?  It's a very silly argument.

PS3 is marketted as all of the things you mentioned.

Natal is being strongly marketted as having NO controller. Having to use a controller after saying all that would be indeed... silly.

Alex Kipman: Absolutely. We see there being three types of game. We love the [existing] controller, it's not going anywhere and there will continue to be games that are specifically made to only work with a controller. We'll have games that are specifically designed to work only with Natal - not just arcadey games, but real, hardcore, triple-A titles.

Then you'll have some games that are essentially a hybrid - games that work both with the controller and with Natal

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3-post-natal-discussion-interview

Around the Network

^WW Obviously

gergroy said:
Carl2291 said:
gergroy said:
Carl2291 said:
Even if that is true, it is still being marketted as a controller free thing.

As RPG said earlier, using a controller defeats the purpose of Natal.

So once again... no, i am not being silly.

lol, so the fact that ps3 is marketed as a game machine must mean I can't watch blu ray movies on it because it defeats the purpose?  Or that I can't browse the internet on the ps3 because it isn't marketed for that?  Can't play music off the hard drive of my ps3 or 360 because it isn't marketed for that?

Since when does marketing lingo determine the purpose of a product?  It's a very silly argument.

PS3 is marketted as all of the things you mentioned.

Natal is being strongly marketted as having NO controller. Having to use a controller after saying all that would be indeed... silly.

Alex Kipman: Absolutely. We see there being three types of game. We love the [existing] controller, it's not going anywhere and there will continue to be games that are specifically made to only work with a controller. We'll have games that are specifically designed to work only with Natal - not just arcadey games, but real, hardcore, triple-A titles.

Then you'll have some games that are essentially a hybrid - games that work both with the controller and with Natal

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3-post-natal-discussion-interview

The hybrid makes a nonsense of the no controller claim.

If this happens EU courts can have a bonanza day claiming false or misleading information.

Ultimately he is not speaking on the behalf of MS. He is just speaking what he thinks. The thought of controller free claims probably never entered his mind.

Besides Sony can easily use the eye to the same effect.

@ gergroy.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2528689

kowenicki said:
I dont see the gap moving much in the long long run

You are guilty of looking at the "now" as how it will always be...

Natal, and future price cuts to the top end 360 machine all say hello to you Mr slimey slimester.

Wow, you guys put way too much stock in Natal.

Way, WAY too much. 

I guess if that's your 'prediction' that it'll do good.  To each his own..I think you guys will be massively disappointed=P 

Around the Network

^Natal could give you a surprise. Marketed right, a few casual offerings and MS have a winner on their hands.

Carl2291 said:
@ gergroy.

alright, if all you want to talk about is marketing lingo then go ahead.  I gave you a link to ways they see the device being used, but you can't see past the marketing.  So... whatever..

disolitude said:

Are you US based Slimebeast? Cause the excitement for PS3 slim here in NA has been minimal so far. Hell, they are already selling it at HMV next to my work and got plenty...most of the people are not biting yet.

I don't know about Europe as I don't live there, but NA won't go to PS3 this year.

You can quote ME on that.

Japan will be a 360 raping though...

Where are you from? The slim stock has already dried up here in phoenix and were a pretty big metro area.

hmm, nice i guess i pretty much agree with you on everything except for people believing that ps3 will come 2nd this and not 3rd cause no matter what you do even if ps3 like sells 8.17 million i a month and overtakes 360 ltd figures i will still say that ps3 will come in 3rd lol to prove you were wrong muhahaha :)

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

gergroy said:
Carl2291 said:
@ gergroy.

alright, if all you want to talk about is marketing lingo then go ahead.  I gave you a link to ways they see the device being used, but you can't see past the marketing.  So... whatever..

I can see past the marketting.

I just think its "silly" to market something so much, talking about NO controllers... then having to NEED them to make the experience feel better.