By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How did the Gamecube do so badly with all those first party exclusives?

Why buy a Gamecube when you already had a PS2?

Around the Network

In the end I think it was just luck vs a lack of 'violent' games.

we all know violence sells, and Super Mario Sunshine, although an awesome game, really doesn't get the Testeronnie going.

That said.

I love most of my gamecube games, and am grateful the wii is backwards compatible with it.

If you have a wii and never had a gamecube, do yourself a favor and grab Super Mario Sunshine!

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

hYpnochronic said:
I blame "purple" as a design choice.

And the fact that Nintendo demoed the GameCube with the Wavebird which you had to buy separately.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Why buy a Gamecube when you already had a PS2?

For Mario, Zelda, Smash, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Resident Evil?

Of course, if none of this interest you, then there is no need for a Gamecube.

Maybe because it targeted kid and all the kids left (well most of them) left after the N64 no one I knew had a GC and only had or majority of mature games

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

The Gamecube had an image problem. It had no unique or discernible selling points of it's own and carried over from the N64 the image that Nintendo was just for the kiddies.