By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Heavy Rain Graphic Quality Destroys The PC Gaming Business

For many years the PC gaming market was always considered the ELITE way too play your games. The PC gaming market always had the advantages in terms of going online gaming, upgradable systems, higher resolutions and more. The years of Playstation 2 and Xbox 1 was the beginning of the PC gaming market decline and the rise of the console take over why? because slowly and shortly PC gaming advantages started to disappear.

It started with Playstation 2 with the ability to play DVD movies, consoles started gearing up to be more like entertainment boxes for your living room and at that point the gaming market overall really opened up. The Xbox 1 following the introduction of DVD’s built-in a console they also capitalized even stronger featuring a full fledge harddrive in every system and the creation of true console online gaming in the form of XBOX LIVE.

These two factors that was introduced to console gaming was also the beginning of another revelation and that’s the decline in the PC gaming market. PC has great advantages Online, Harddrive , and multimedia but those were all acquired by consoles with the combination of Playstation 2 and Xbox 1. PC gaming slowly started getting exploited by these console competitors and the worst to come for PC’s happened in 2005/6 with the launch of Xbox360 and the Playstation 3.

The only advantages that PC gaming have now is the open network of development because of customizable machines which keeps PC’s at a maximum performance setting but the catch is the price you pay for that customizable machine with the maximum setting in which brings PC gaming almost to a complete halt why? because PRICE is always a factor and in this situation PC Gaming will soon be such a small market that dreamcast may pop in your mind in terms of results.

Sony Playstation 3 is $299 and you can receive graphic quality of this nature along with blu-ray playback, wi-fi, harddrive, internet, online gaming, media servers, and a more sophisticated library of games including exclusives.

This video clip alone shows that Heavy Rain’s graphic quality is on par if not better than anything out there including PC. The best looking PC game ever is Crysis and Crysis at maximum settings compared to Heavy Rain is at the same level or higher in favor of the Cell Processored Heavy Rain.

CRYSIS IMAGE

This is the nail in the coffin because crysis at it’s highest settings, the money you will spend on that type of machine will easily be anywhere from one thousand dollars and up whereas the Playstation 3 is $299 and that fact alone during this entire generation cycle. Sony along with Microsoft will destroy the PC gaming business even further, will it die NO! it won’t but it will surely be crippled. Heavy Rain says it all and that Sony exclusive alone is proof that Playstation 3 is the future.

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/2009/08/heavy-rain-graphic-quality-destroys-the-pc-gaming-business/

Around the Network

LOL??? HipHopgamer at it again?

I understand that Heavy rain looks phenomenal and has a truly amazing graphics but would you really want to make it go Head to Head with High end PC graphical power house games???

Shio will not be pleased.

But no really, both Heavy Rain and Alan Wake both look better then crysis 1 IMO so not really much of a surpise there bro!

This will not end well, where's Shio? His head probably just exploded.

Heavy Rain does look amazing though. Lets hope that the gameplay and story is on par with the graphics, otherwise, it wont really matter.

Bloom > detail... confirmed!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Graphics aside, that video was amazingly good. I wasn't really interested in Heavy Rain before I saw it.

why post these barf articles?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

NJ5 said:
Bloom > detail... confirmed!

HipHopGamer's word is law!

But seriously, any time anyone posts a HHG article on here, I lose a little faith in humanity. You could get better videogame analysis' at a retirement home FFS! AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!

Alan wake no.. not even close. But Heavy Rain beats it in character models and atmosphere. However the environments in crysis are better. actually its hard to say now that I think of it. I remember looking at a car with rain coming off of it and some highway in a trailer in HR and it had amazing resolutions.

HHG meh. I ahave never been on that site, never followed a link to get to it because they are so full of shit.

But for once i agree with them

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st