By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - 5 ads per page is a little much, agree?

Honestly, I don't notice them anymore. There are tons of ads on every single site I visit daily so I guess I've just gotten used to it and pay no attention to them. And a lot of my most frequently visited sites (AskMen, IGN etc) have a lot more and more pervasive ads than this site so I don't mind, really.

Around the Network

Not to mention the advertisements on people's sigs.

Hey, do you guys mind if I make a sockpuppet and spam the site with an ad on my sig to get some extra dough?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=84775

Made a thread. DK what the solution is but i haven't been able to work this site for a week.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

There's a Firefox add-on called NoScript that controls those annoying ads. You still see ads on the side, but it eliminates that one from the bottom that pops up and numerous others. Probably the reason why I haven't had a voice ad yet.

yeah same here i use chrome and it is really good with security and so i coem here it automatically shuts down togive me a notice saying that this website may contain malware.....

also i just hate those talking ads and the ones about fat and how o lose some weight...seriously why not put some game ads ask nintendo if they want to put up adshere or ask microsoft or ask sony...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network

by the way i just noticed at the top that you were asking about paid memebership....Iam pt\retty sure that this site would go down in popularity..the only reason these ad people would want to put up ads here is because the site is full....so [please no paid memebership

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

I agree with the above poster that a premium membership probably isn't a good idea at this point, though maybe you could do so at some point in the future when people finally get the idea that you ARE accurate...

I don't mind the ads because most of them (AION, etc.) aren't that annoying and I've gotten more than a few ideas for possible game purchases from them. However, I do manually block the annoying ones when they pop up. (not very often, but they do show occasionally).

On an unrelated note, this site has been running very slowly in both Chrome and FF lately and I don't know why. This is even the case in low traffic periods like now when there are 1396 people on. Don't know if its just my computer, but was slow at my college too so I know its not my internet connection.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it