By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - the ps3 will sell 100 milllion?

superchunk said:
toastboy44562 said:
but guys, think when the ps3 hits 100 dollars in lets say two-four years itll be the cheapest and most valuable blue ray player and that will cause million of people to but it!

Ok this convinced me this thread is a joke.

1. In 2-4 years this gen will be over and the only console still avail will be the Wii @ $99. MS and Sony will eithe be phasing out or fully replaced by their newer versions by then.

2. Bluray players can be had for $150 now, they will be $50 in 2-4 years. PS3 has almost never been and will never be the cheapest bluray player.

wait wait wait... let me get this straight... you think the next xbox and playstation will be launched right after ps wand and natal are launched and you think the wii will have a 150 dollar price reduction?

Around the Network

Of course it won't sell 100 million, the Wii will. Stop posting these stupid threads, sony fanboys need to cool down and not spam the boards with nonsense.

Masakari said:
Of course it won't sell 100 million, the Wii will. Stop posting these stupid threads, sony fanboys need to cool down and not spam the boards with nonsense.

lol... you should shut your yap before you really make yourself look more silly.

TWRoO said:

Well ignoring the incredibly flawed idea that the OP is... the facts are also wrong as Ph4nt has already stated.

The PStwo did not make up 80% of PS2 sales. It is in fact less than 50%.

As of March 2007 the PStwo had production shipments (not sales) of 44 million, we can be pretty sure at that time no more old PS2s were being shipped so any sales since then were PStwo only.

Total PS2 production shipments at that same time was 118 million... Sony has gone on to just under 140 million PS2s as of now.

So 140 - 118 - 22 million

22 + 44 = 66 million.

66 million PStwo compared to 74 million PS2 originals... that's 47%.

the 80% number is referring to after the first price cut which happened early in the life cycle.  The OP got it mixed up.  You are correct about the slim.  You can't compare the PS2 slim and ps3 slim anyway. 

Here's another reason why the ps2 slim and ps3 slim should not be compared.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I got a red X for the pic. Is that a picture of ps3 slim against ps2 slim? if so

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
Masakari said:

lol... you should shut your yap before you really make yourself look more silly.

I have both xbox and ps3, that wasn't an anti-sony statement. It's a simple fact, the PS2 had no strong competition, it was market leader, the PS3 is 3rd with the Wii having double it's sales, and the Xbox brand growing every year. These threads are utter nonsense.

JEDE3 said:
I got a red X for the pic. Is that a picture of ps3 slim against ps2 slim? if so

yea it's weird it shows up for me before i post then after i post it's gone.  Weird.  Anyway, just put the address in your browser.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0908/compare15.jpg

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Masakari said:
JEDE3 said:
Masakari said:

I have both xbox and ps3, that wasn't an anti-sony statement. It's a simple fact, the PS2 had no strong competition, it was market leader, the PS3 is 3rd with the Wii having double it's sales, and the Xbox brand growing every year. These threads are utter nonsense.

youre new to the thread so i'll give you a clue. the bold is where you went wrong.

Another foaming, drooling, brand drone *sigh*

yah very possible