By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - the ps3 will sell 100 milllion?

Only if they sell Purple PS3 Slim's! :D

Around the Network

PS3 will struggle to outsell the PSP...

is this a joke thread

100 million seems quite alot to ask for. But if Sony stick with a 10yr lifecycle then it will continue on till 2016. So if it can average out 10 million per year between 2010-16 then 100 million doesn't seem to much. Of course I have my doubts that PS3 will see a 10yr lifecycle. I'd say its more likely to finsih up with around 76-86 million

If the 10-year plan comes off then it will make 100 million. This is because the PS3 needs to sell very well for it to survive for 10 year. Chances are though that the 10-year plan might limp through to 7 years.

The only way PS3 claims any substantial amount of the casual market is if the wand comes with every PS3 sold, or it comes bundled with a number of the games that support it. The "casual" market isn't going to pay extra to buy a casual peripheral. Wii's advantage is that the wiimote is the main controller, so there's no hurdle for the casual gamer. 360 has an advantage because Natal only has one peripheral. PS3 needs 2 peripherals.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Nay. The PS3 is still expensive. As of right now its only the same price as the PS2 launched for.

I'm also predicting the Wii and 360 will have a price drop before Christmas.

will reach 70 million for sure.. for 100 something VERY BIG has to come..

The PS3 will outsell the 360, probably by a fairly wide margin, but 100 million is still going to be tough.

Christopher_G2 said:
The PS3 will outsell the 360, probably by a fairly wide margin, but 100 million is still going to be tough.

Unless the PS3 is going to have a price drop below the 360 and get major 3rd party exclusives, the PS3 will not be surpassing the 360.

ps3 might or might not. it depends on how sony acts. i think after gt5, uncharted2, ff13 14, gow3, etc etc will be help building ps3 momentum for 2009 and 2010, but it is up to sony to keep bringing good titles and expanding bluray market.