By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

pokoko said:
Daniel Bryan had to win. Only way to keep this going until you-know-who returns and says, "I never got my rematch."

Pretty much everything else going on feels boring, like they're trying to keep the whole focus on the Triple H power-play. Even the Punk/Heyman thing is unfocused at this point. The Shield has fizzled, as well, as they now just feel like any other group.

TNA's "free PVP" sounds like it blew away NoC in terms of wrestling, which is kind of a shame. I am completely uninterested.

Nah, Shield hasn't fizzled.  Especially last night.  Night of Champions was alright; it was solid work.  But I agree something was missing from the matches.

Ryback is the next Heyman guy, I wonder what's going to happen with Axel.  I hope they don't bury him.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:
pokoko said:
Daniel Bryan had to win. Only way to keep this going until you-know-who returns and says, "I never got my rematch."

Pretty much everything else going on feels boring, like they're trying to keep the whole focus on the Triple H power-play. Even the Punk/Heyman thing is unfocused at this point. The Shield has fizzled, as well, as they now just feel like any other group.

TNA's "free PVP" sounds like it blew away NoC in terms of wrestling, which is kind of a shame. I am completely uninterested.

Nah, Shield hasn't fizzled.  Especially last night.  Night of Champions was alright; it was solid work.  But I agree something was missing from the matches.

Ryback is the next Heyman guy, I wonder what's going to happen with Axel.  I hope they don't bury him.

Predictions

Curtis Axel will lose IC title to Kofi Kingston

Ryback and CM Punk will feud

Curtis Axel Face Turn and will feud with Ryback and Heyman

CM Punk to go back to WWE title picture and become a heel more than likely against Bryan

Randy Orton VS John Cena (WHO IS THE FACE) feud

They won't give the title to Kingston unless they HAVE to.  Like, Kingston's stock is really down in WWE and if he wasn't "Token" he wouldn't be emplyed by them right now.

I was done with Punk vs Ryback the first time it happened.

I'm not sure Axel should turn face yet; he needs to build his character more so that he can bring that to being a face.

Punk vs Bryan for the WWE title happened last year; but HHH forgot cause he didn't watch the match XD.

I can see Orton vs Cena happening.

BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:

They won't give the title to Kingston unless they HAVE to.  Like, Kingston's stock is really down in WWE and if he wasn't "Token" he wouldn't be emplyed by them right now.

I was done with Punk vs Ryback the first time it happened.

I'm not sure Axel should turn face yet; he needs to build his character more so that he can bring that to being a face.

Punk vs Bryan for the WWE title happened last year; but HHH forgot cause he didn't watch the match XD.

I can see Orton vs Cena happening.

Watch - their gonna drop the IC title on Axel and get him off of Heyman - the seeds were planted this whole past week and their gonna sprout like mad in the coming weeks towards the next PPV.

Axel shouldnt turn face yet but they will - they usually make heels who they dont like turn into faces and then send them into the doghouse jobber style (i.e. Ziggler and the Miz).

We'll be seeing Axel triple powerbombed by the Shield, raided upon by the Wyatts and doing a dance off with The Miz and Fandango sooner than later!

Poor Ziggler, I really wanna know who he pissed off.  He's been held back for what?  5 years now?

Seems like a waste for Axel.  He's been having a decent build.  Like, the face turn is going to happen; but I wouldn't do it this soon.  But then again, DB shouldn't have won last night; so we'll see what happens.

BasilZero said:
pokoko said:

For a free PPV you would think they would upload the full match on their YT channel.

Anyways anyone else notice the trend that these two organizations are doing - uploading old matches that are deemed as fan favorites? Although I do admit TNA was the first to do this and now WWE is following suit. l0l.

http://www.spike.com/shows/impact-wrestling/episode-guide

Although I wish they'd upload it to YT. I hate the media player on Viacom's networks.

BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:

Poor Ziggler, I really wanna know who he pissed off.  He's been held back for what?  5 years now?

Seems like a waste for Axel.  He's been having a decent build.  Like, the face turn is going to happen; but I wouldn't do it this soon.  But then again, DB shouldn't have won last night; so we'll see what happens.

Held back for 5 years? Amazing he made it where he is now - most other guys who would of gotten the boot.

Anyways, ever since he got injured after the WHC win he's been going down lol.

From Spirit Squad member to WHC to jobber.

What I mean is that everytime he made progress, they'd bury him.  Had amazing matches with Morrison?  Bury.  Get some credibility with a title?  Stripped a week later or worse.  Wins WHC, looses it quickly.  I haven't really seen a gifted wrestler held back like that.  It's like one guy wants him to do well, then someone would come and undo everything.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Watch - their gonna drop the IC title on Axel and get him off of Heyman - the seeds were planted this whole past week and their gonna sprout like mad in the coming weeks towards the next PPV.

Axel shouldnt turn face yet but they will - they usually make heels who they dont like turn into faces and then send them into the doghouse jobber style (i.e. Ziggler and the Miz).

We'll be seeing Axel triple powerbombed by the Shield, raided upon by the Wyatts and doing a dance off with The Miz and Fandango sooner than later!

That's what I've been thinking.  Heyman turning on Axel seems obvious, unless they change their minds at the last minute (very possible with the WWE).  We've seen the "you've failed me once too often" angle many times in the past.

Which, as you've said, would probably end Axel's chances in the WWE.  It's almost the same setup we got with A-Rod, where they turned him against the Miz for a cheap pop and failed to develop him whatsoever.  I also think that highlights part of the problem with the WWE, in that almost no one comes in with an interesting gimmick anymore.  Most of the young guys come in pure vanilla and without the acting ability to make themselves interesting during their 10 seconds they get on the mic.  In the old days, guys would polish and shape their characters in smaller promotions.  Now, for many of them, the lack of experience in that area is obvious.  They come in with absolutely no story to tell, no hook at all, and it's boring.  Give us another Gold Dust.

When I was a kid, I would hear about wrestling from other people but I never got to see it because it only came on at 12AM on Saturday nights.  Finally, my mom started allowing me to stay up late enough to watch it with my older sister.  One of the very first things I saw was a video spot from Arn Anderson saying he was coming to the NWA.  Call me crazy but it was so awesome.  He seemed like such a bad ass.  He had his persona down perfectly.  He was immediatly interesting and impactful.  I thought the same thing when the Freebirds came in, too.  That's what's missing with the WWE.  Most of the new performers are boring.

Wah, sorry for the tangent.

What's this notice that suddenly popped up ... bwah, Basil is playing Borderlands!  Skag-meat!

pokoko said:
BasilZero said:

That's what I've been thinking.  Heyman turning on Axel seems obvious, unless they change their minds at the last minute (very possible with the WWE).  We've seen the "you've failed me once too often" angle many times in the past.

Which, as you've said, would probably end Axel's chances in the WWE.  It's almost the same setup we got with A-Rod, where they turned him against the Miz for a cheap pop and failed to develop him whatsoever.  I also think that highlights part of the problem with the WWE, in that almost no one comes in with an interesting gimmick anymore.  Most of the young guys come in pure vanilla and without the acting ability to make themselves interesting during their 10 seconds they get on the mic.  In the old days, guys would polish and shape their characters in smaller promotions.  Now, for many of them, the lack of experience in that area is obvious.  They come in with absolutely no story to tell, no hook at all, and it's boring.  Give us another Gold Dust.

When I was a kid, I would hear about wrestling from other people but I never got to see it because it only came on at 12AM on Saturday nights.  Finally, my mom started allowing me to stay up late enough to watch it with my older sister.  One of the very first things I saw was a video spot from Arn Anderson saying he was coming to the NWA.  Call me crazy but it was so awesome.  He seemed like such a bad ass.  He had his persona down perfectly.  He was immediatly interesting and impactful.  I thought the same thing when the Freebirds came in, too.  That's what's missing with the WWE.  Most of the new performers are boring.

What's this notice that suddenly popped up ... bwah, Basil is playing Borderlands!  Skag-meat!

This is a problem; it's why WWE is focusing so much on NXT now.  Hell I actually like the Wyatt family.  It's gonna be a while before we'll see the fruits of their development program though.

pokoko said:
BasilZero said:

I think there is a difference.     At the time, A-rod was the lackey of the Miz who they were still really trying to maitnain his "megaheel" status.  It's like when Orton pretty much handed ted dibiase and cody rhodes their asses, more or less stalling out Cody Rhodes and outright killing Ted.

Paul Heyman?   Vince would probably be plenty happy to put Axel over Heyman. 

With Ryback it's totally possible they could be using his failed stall to feed Axel.   Lots of the "forsaken lackeys" had at least a lot of temporary success with that kind of angle.

I do agree they need more gimics... and the whole Daniel Bryan "Nobody will save him!" storyline seemed... weird, since when was the last time you even saw babyfaces bail each other out?  That's really something else they've been missing, the only time a babyface will ever save another anymore is when one is about to turn heel.

Gimics are hard though in this weird "PG/reality" era.

Something like a wrestling tax attorney nobody thought about back in the day... now  a days with how they try and make everything "real" that'd seem... silly.

Though me, i prefered the silly campy gimics and battles over weird shit like IRS repossessing some other characters gimic item.

LOVED IT

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ugh Night of Champions was so underwhelming. They had a bunch of good set-ups for this PPV and somehow managed to botch them all. Bryan winning over Orton somehow had no impact at all. It just happened and then the PPV ended, it was weird.

Edit: You know that the event sucked when the Prime Time Players had the most exciting match of the night xD (Titus O'Neills tackle was legit awesome though)

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.