By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Acevil said:
BoneArk said:

I thought RAW was awesome last night. The old school theme brought back a lot of memories. Piper's lecture to Cena was great. Wade Barrett got punked when he didn't look at Piper while Piper was talking to him. It was nice to see good ol' JR again when he did commentary for Bryan Daniel/Jack Swagger match.

The only problem was over the top heel cole. He is a good Heel, but when he goes over the top it gets annoying. 

That's oldscool style though!

Watched last night with my girlfriend, she was laughing at practically every segment.

Also actually liked the Jack Swagger and Daniel Byran match saying stuff like "wow, this is actually entertaining and kinda makes sense as a fight."

I forgot just how much EVERYONE had a gimic for a second.

Man I missed those days... when if your whole gimic was you wore tights and wanted to win wrestling matches... that made you a jobber... not world title contender.

Around the Network

Finally got around to watching Monday's episode (watching it now, as a matter of fact).  The commentary with JR and the King (not so much, Michael Cole) was the highlight so far for me.  Alfred Hayes leading in to commercial, Mean Gene selling merchandise, and May Young calling LayCool "sluts"--I wish this episode would never end!  And Daniel Bryan (Bryant?) just beat Jack Swagger!!  HOLY FUCK!!

d21lewis said:

Finally got around to watching Monday's episode (watching it now, as a matter of fact).  The commentary with JR and the King (not so much, Michael Cole) was the highlight so far for me.  Alfred Hayes leading in to commercial, Mean Gene selling merchandise, and May Young calling LayCool "sluts"--I wish this episode would never end!  And Daniel Bryan (Bryant?) just beat Jack Swagger!!  HOLY FUCK!!

And they did real wreslting in the match.

I really want the WWE to get it's own wrestling channel now, just on the basis that it means they'd probably have a dedicated amount of programing be just the old school stuff.

So uh... who is the face in Edge VS Kane?

Is it the guy who is holding someone hostage for weeks, or is it the guy who just buried someone alive and put them in a coma.  (For the second time.)

Its suppose to be edge im pretty sure 

Around the Network
chris212223 said:

Its suppose to be edge im pretty sure 

Ah, cause the whole... torturing someone tied up in a wheel chair through me off.

Also, they need to decide what they're doing with the anouncing, because both Stryker and Cole keep alternating between face/heal announcer, even in the same match.

A lot of Cena fans in this thread discussing last night, huh?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

The Miz became Champion last night, the crowd was shocked and upset that Orton lost his belt. I don't mind the Miz being the Champion,but, his character is boring. I guess the PG era heels can't compete with the Attitude era heels with all the kids watching now.

BTW: Anyone know why CM Punk is doing commentary?

BoneArk said:

The Miz became Champion last night, the crowd was shocked and upset that Orton lost his belt. I don't mind the Miz being the Champion,but, his character is boring. I guess the PG era heels can't compete with the Attitude era heels with all the kids watching now.

Hes got a hip injury which could possibly sideline him for the rest of the year. Also, yes i agree with u on miz's character being very boring lol and dam i miss the Attitude Era. =(

chris212223 said:
BoneArk said:

Hes got a hip injury which could possibly sideline him for the rest of the year. Also, yes i agree with u on miz's character being very boring lol and dam i miss the Attitude Era. =(

that sux for Cm Punk. BTW: Everyone misses the Attitude Era.