By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

BoneArk said:
chris212223 said:
BoneArk said:

The Miz became Champion last night, the crowd was shocked and upset that Orton lost his belt. I don't mind the Miz being the Champion,but, his character is boring. I guess the PG era heels can't compete with the Attitude era heels with all the kids watching now.

BTW: Anyone know why CM Punk is doing commentary?

Hes got a hip injury which could possibly sideline him for the rest of the year. Also, yes i agree with u on miz's character being very boring lol and dam i miss the Attitude Era. =(

that sux for Cm Punk. BTW: Everyone misses the Attitude Era.

I expected as much lol. i just wanted everyone else to know that i do to =P

Around the Network

I'm just getting around to watching Raw.  Just finished the Cena segment.  That was pretty sad.  I actually liked the guy.  Now, who's the "Hulk Hogan" of the WWE?  John Morrison?  I also wonder what the reason is for purchasing a PPV?  From what I heard, Bryan vs Dibiase was match of thr night at Survivor Series.  We get the rematch for free on Raw.  The title changed hands on Raw.  Cena said goodbye on Raw.  If I tuned in and saw that all of this happened at the PPV, maybe I'd buy the PPV.......

Raw sounds pretty slick, I'm going to try to download the AM Raw repeat this week I think.

SPoilers so dont read unless you watched RAW on the 29th.

When you have someone get fired and give a big long speech dont basically brin gthem back a week later. WTH

I re-watched last weeks RAW and laughed my ass off at the facial expressions of those kids when the Miz won.  Now, he's showing photos of that one little girl---halarious!!

Around the Network

So.. they had their new champion the miz, legitamize his championship win...

by beaings a man over 60...

only thanks to the help of two other guys.

That's just... baffling booking right there.  I mean, at least give Jerry a couple legends to run interference and help.

I mean, I enjoyed it.  Hell i'd of liked to have seen Lawler win, vacate the belt back to miz and them just play up the fact that Lawler just got lucky but it proved he could of been a champion in his day.

If they were going to do that scenario, it'd of been a better setup because then the Miz would just have a real big chip on his shoulder for a while.  It's not like it actually would of made him look any worse then having to be saved by Michael Cole...

Games4Fun said:

SPoilers so dont read unless you watched RAW on the 29th.

When you have someone get fired and give a big long speech dont basically brin gthem back a week later. WTH

Hey, at least they went that route instead of the  "Juan Cena" route.

Also, Sheamus beating Morrison made no booking sense either...

I mean it made the Survivor series win worthless, unless they keep fueding?

Either way, that staff was just meant for wacking people with.

I mean, is he King of the ring or Wizard of the ring?

Also... they could of spent a bit more on the crown then a 2 dollar halloween crown.

In the end though, I don't care as much because i don't like John Morrison.  Never have.

Let me get this straight.

They "fired" Cena so he can be on the show even more.  My Lord...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I've actually been watching Raw again since I heard they stopped the guest host crap, LOved the MIz's win, but I am worried that they are going to book him as a weak champion :(