Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

tastyshovelware said:
Imphamis said:
spdk1 said:
amp316 said:
Kasz216 said:
amp316 said:
Imphamis said:

Apparently Jericho wants to focus more on helping 'Young Talent'.

Apparently Jericho is being asked to job out to 'Young Talent' and is doing it.  He never has had any problems getting other wrestlers over and this is one of several reasons why he is one my favorites.

I wonder if any of that has to do with his recent law troubles.

His recent troubles may be why he's being asked to drop some matches, but he's been putting over wrestlers as long as I can remember.  Remember that year that Dean Malenko was number 1 in PWI?  It should have been called the Jericho put me over award.   

LOL!  poor jericho, that's basically all he seems to do sometimes.  remember when they had him feud with Prince Iuekea depite the crowd not caring?

If there were two of Jericho, they would argue to put over each other.

Man, did you remember when he put over JTG a few months back? Jericho=unburiable. 

Prince Iuekea,  Bobby Duncum Jr., Perry Saturn...

Crap!!! he even lost to Chyna once.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Wow I noticed this thread only today! Well I'll miss Baptista, he was somehow the WWE day of recknoning hero.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

tastyshovelware said:
BoneArk said:

I knew Wade Barrett was going to win NXT, I knew b/c he was the biggest in the bunch and WWE loves big guys.

And, let's be honest, no one else is even close to ready (danielson aside, but it looks like they're going to sneak him on a roster anyway).

That's good, we'll get to see some good wrestling matches in WWE with Danielson there.

Luthor said:

Wow I noticed this thread only today! Well I'll miss Baptista, he was somehow the WWE day of recknoning hero.

I'm sorry Batista is just a terrible wrestler. He also has zero personality, so I won't miss the guy. Hopefully, Cena, and his tired act follows soon. I just don't get McMahon's hard-on for these freak of nature juice heads.

I thought a babyface Anderson wouldn't work out, but I'm seeing second thoughts.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Around the Network
Imphamis said:

I thought a babyface Anderson wouldn't work out, but I'm seeing second thoughts.

I loved when Roode was being a jerk, and he stopped the conversation by asking:

"excude me, but why is your hair always wet?"

LOL

Impact was great yesterday. There seems to be less random stuff & rushing than usual. I also noticed that there were no commercial breaks during the matches. It really annoyed me that they wrestle for two minutes and then they go to commericial.

AJ Styles v Jay Lethal should be a great match.

Mirson said:

Impact was great yesterday. There seems to be less random stuff & rushing than usual. I also noticed that there were no commercial breaks during the matches. It really annoyed me that they wrestle for two minutes and then they go to commericial.

On the one hand it should.... I the otherhand I can't help but think... Jay Lethal?

Seems a bit early off Black Machismo to have him on a pay per view with an actual Main Event guy.

I guess they kinda had to though with Angle/Kazarian being on the card.  Not anyone else for AJ.

I think it'd be really cool if they morphed the Black Machismo/Flair gimmic he previously had though.

Not sure how good is ring IQ is and how good at learning moves he is... but it'd be pretty awesome if they morphed him into a "chameleon" type, that when he wrestled you he copied some of your signature moves and mannuerisms, but this time in a serious way.   Could put him over as some kind of genius of the wrestling form.

Kasz216 said:
Mirson said:

On the one hand it should.... I the otherhand I can't help but think... Jay Lethal?

Seems a bit early off Black Machismo to have him on a pay per view with an actual Main Event guy.

I guess they kinda had to though with Angle/Kazarian being on the card.  Not anyone else for AJ.

I think it'd be really cool if they morphed the Black Machismo/Flair gimmic he previously had though.

Not sure how good is ring IQ is and how good at learning moves he is... but it'd be pretty awesome if they morphed him into a "chameleon" type, that when he wrestled you he copied some of your signature moves and mannuerisms, but this time in a serious way.   Could put him over as some kind of genius of the wrestling form.

It's pretty weird how he got the push of his career just by impersonating Ric Flair. Before that, he rarely appeared on Impact and pretty much jobbed every time he appeared on Impact.

His storyline with him wrestling legends had potential, but it was dropped after his second match.

Lethal's impersonation of Flair was gold. Especially when he knee dropped the jacket.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"