By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I knew Wade Barrett was going to win NXT, I knew b/c he was the biggest in the bunch and WWE loves big guys.

Around the Network

my favourite wrestling type of match is the Elimination Chamber

I knew it was going to come down to Barrett and Otunga. I just didn't know who would quite win.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

BoneArk said:

I knew Wade Barrett was going to win NXT, I knew b/c he was the biggest in the bunch and WWE loves big guys.

And, let's be honest, no one else is even close to ready (danielson aside, but it looks like they're going to sneak him on a roster anyway).

Imphamis said:
I don't think anyone is going to miss Batista, face or heel.

Sorry that this is a bit late, I'm behind on my forum-ing. 

Anyway, I think this most recent heel run was the best of bati's career. It's a shame he decided to take time off right as he put all the pieces together. 

Around the Network
Imphamis said:
spdk1 said:
amp316 said:
Kasz216 said:
amp316 said:
Imphamis said:

Apparently Jericho wants to focus more on helping 'Young Talent'.

Apparently Jericho is being asked to job out to 'Young Talent' and is doing it.  He never has had any problems getting other wrestlers over and this is one of several reasons why he is one my favorites.

I wonder if any of that has to do with his recent law troubles.

His recent troubles may be why he's being asked to drop some matches, but he's been putting over wrestlers as long as I can remember.  Remember that year that Dean Malenko was number 1 in PWI?  It should have been called the Jericho put me over award.   

LOL!  poor jericho, that's basically all he seems to do sometimes.  remember when they had him feud with Prince Iuekea depite the crowd not caring?

If there were two of Jericho, they would argue to put over each other.

Man, did you remember when he put over JTG a few months back? Jericho=unburiable. 

Also, a note on bryan danielson. 

If you want to see some great non ROH american dragon, buy this dvd:

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/comps/dvd00SO.html

or this one:

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/comps/dvd00SO2.html

PWG is like the west coast version of what ROH was before it got a tv deal. A lot of the same talent, monthly shows, and not great but surprisingly good production values all things considered. Also, the commentary sucks but you can turn it off! This boosts the audience and in ring sound which is actually really nice. PGW started in 2003 and Volume 1 is basically matches from 2004-mid 2007. Volume 2 has matches from 2003-2008 which a focus on matches from mid 2007-late 2008.

Also, I picked my copy of vol 1 at best buy for $14.99. A great deal. They both can be found on amazon. 

Last thursday impact was another great showing.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I'm beginning to LOVE Mr. Anderson in the ring, I hope he keeps it up.

Hey I get HD Net now!

Is the ROH TV show worth it, all I ever see on HD Net are commercials for other shows, it's kind of odd...