By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 8/24 PS3 SLIM shipment sells out at gamestop

CDiablo said:

I feel Sony will short the console till Christmas time so that all the news outlets will say its the hot Christmas item.

Thats what I would do. Gets Sony an assload of free press.

no it doesnt. It only works if theyre selling 150% of the 360's sales. Selling less than the 360 or maybe 5 or 10 thousand more with not enough stock would create enormous negative press due to horrible manufacturing and demand expectations.

Around the Network
pterodactyl said:

They're probably intentionally sending small shipments out in order to generate press. I doubt the demand is as high as they're making it seem.

The funny thing is, even if the demand was that high, it would still pale in comparison to that of the Wii.

The wii is in stock

mM
pterodactyl said:

The funny thing is, even if the demand was that high, it would still pale in comparison to that of the Wii.

Sony has yet to really offer a compelling reason for grandma's to pick up a PS3, so the Wii will probably keep outselling it.

It's all about the game.

psrock said:
can we wait, please. We don't know how much Sony shipped. You guys build up hype and then get disappointed when it doesn't happen the way you wanted it.

I am going to sit tight and enjoy the ride.

Didn't you say it was me making up crap yesterday?...lol

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

steverhcp02 said:
CDiablo said:

I feel Sony will short the console till Christmas time so that all the news outlets will say its the hot Christmas item.

Thats what I would do. Gets Sony an assload of free press.

no it doesnt. It only works if theyre selling 150% of the 360's sales. Selling less than the 360 or maybe 5 or 10 thousand more with not enough stock would create enormous negative press due to horrible manufacturing and demand expectations.

I respectfully disagree. If Sony says "We are selling them out as fast as we can make them" + Some idiot parents pay upwards of....duno $700 for a PS slim on ebay + people waiting in line 6 hours before a store opens to get one it will get he image of "hot Christmas item."

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
heruamon said:
psrock said:
can we wait, please. We don't know how much Sony shipped. You guys build up hype and then get disappointed when it doesn't happen the way you wanted it.

It's still Leo-j

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I know im making up crap, I mean I dont have links or anything

mM

the first batch will be hoarded up by the same people that hoarded the Wii one year ago to make profit on Ebay. If it creates shortages then the Slim will be difficult to find for 299

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

psrock said:
heruamon said:
psrock said:

It's still Leo-j

Leo-J is a great fan of his preferred console...but it looks like there are many other posting along with him...and I certianly didn't have anything to do with him posting these links.  Anyway, he's posting facts...not opinions.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

leo-j said:
I know im making up crap, I mean I dont have links or anything

Gamestop is doing that with the 80GB and Slim just to trick you.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!