By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I Sell my Wii for a Slim PS3??

depends on the games if u prefer ps3 games over wii go ahead then!! plus u get a br players,id personally change the wii even for a psp,only hame i like on wii is zelda

Around the Network
mightymek said:
Well, I just talked to her again, she doesn't want to sell the Wii, so we keep it. There are some games I want on the Wii that I either own, or will once they come out, I guess I just got PS3 Slim fever, and do want to play games like Uncharted, Heavy Rain, GOW III, etc. So, thanks for all yuor advice, but I will keep the Wii per the wife's request. I tried...

Fellas... if you would look past the Original Post you would have found this little piece of information... huzzah!

(Wait... this isn't part of the OP, so people will ignore this anyways... Curses!)

Smeags said:
mightymek said:
Well, I just talked to her again, she doesn't want to sell the Wii, so we keep it. There are some games I want on the Wii that I either own, or will once they come out, I guess I just got PS3 Slim fever, and do want to play games like Uncharted, Heavy Rain, GOW III, etc. So, thanks for all yuor advice, but I will keep the Wii per the wife's request. I tried...

Fellas... if you would look past the Original Post you would have found this little piece of information... huzzah!

(Wait... this isn't part of the OP, so people will ignore this anyways... Curses!)

Wow - I did see that and read right over it. Opps!

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!

durtysouthhustlah said:
Smeags said:
mightymek said:

Wow - I did see that and read right over it. Opps!

Hey! Obviously I felt that you're already above and beyond, so I didn't think I needed to include you.

trade in values are crap, unless you are really hard pressed for cash just keep the wii and buy a slim anyways. however, if you are determined to only have one console i made the switch from primarily play the wii to primarily playing the ps3. i still love nintendo but 3rd parties are just not doing much interesting on the wii and nintendo doesn't put out enough software to keep me busy all year.

Around the Network

Well, here's an update, and thank you all for your replies. She actually decided we should sell the Wii and get a PS3 instead. She saw the games coming out on both systems and decided she wants to play PS3 more. So we will now try to Craigslist that Wii and our games and see what happens!

mightymek said:

I am undecided, and I have to convince my wife also.  Here's the quick story.  We bought a Wii in December 2007.  It hasn't been played once since I got my Xbox 360 in September of 2008.  We have Wii Fit.  We played it once.  Now we like the Wii, for games like Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Trauma Center, and No More Heroes, but that's about it.  My wife wants to keep the Wii to play Mario Galaxy, but she hasn't played it since we got it, and she is a full time student in pharmacy school, so she only plays games over the summer, in which this summer she played Fable 2 only, so nothing on the Wii.  I want a PS3 for Uncharted, Killzone, Metal Gear 4, Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, Resistance, etc. and Bluray.  She only wants it for Heavy Rain.  I would miss the Mario games also, but obviously not much since I haven't looked at them in over a year.   With the price drop, I could probably sell my Wii with extra controllers and Wii Fit and get enough money for the PS3 Slim.  Any ideas as to how to convince my wife to ditch the dusty Wii for a PS3? 

yes and while your at it weed your garden feed the cat and go to the bathroom

i did, never being happier, more money to HD games,
i will rent one for zelda wii if when released.

@mightymek
good decision :P

Yeah if its barely used.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB