By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I Sell my Wii for a Slim PS3??

So I sold the Wii officially yesterday. I got only $30 less for the bundle than what I bought everything for new back almost 2 years ago (only because I had coupons, Best Buy Reward Zone, etc). So I ordered the PS3 Slim yesterday, I can't wait. Definitely a good decision we made. More stuff for that we are interested in than the Wii.

Around the Network

yes definatly trade them in.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

very good job, enjoy next gen gaming :D

oh man you listened to all the people who said you should get the slim

uh look at all the games for wii hjust go to the nintendo forum and look at the wii games in 2010 thread and wii games in 2009 thread seriously why you should have sold your 360 instead...

Wii ftw

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Wii_Master said:
oh man you listened to all the people who said you should get the slim

uh look at all the games for wii hjust go to the nintendo forum and look at the wii games in 2010 thread and wii games in 2009 thread seriously why you should have sold your 360 instead...

Wii ftw

Actually, I didn't listen to anybody except myself and my wife.  I posted here to see what people thought, out of curiosity, and to see if anyone had any ideas of how to convince the wife.   I looked at the Wii line-up, *snores*.  Sorry, I wasn't impressed.  It's cool you like the Wii, but the main reason I even got it was because my wife wanted it, it's not for me.  Trading the Wii for a PS3 Slim was a no-brainer for me really.  Trading the Xbox 360 for the PS3 Slim was NOT an option.  My 360 will most likely still be my main console, with the PS3 taking the role of exclusives and BluRay rentals. 

Around the Network

keep your systems...

Show her little big planet, chicks love it for some reason, explain to her that it will be her console to (but we all know it won't and that you will hog it) show her sing star, that will persuade her

Well do what makes you happy. The PS3 is the best console this gen in my OPINION.

If its your money then just trade the thing in. If you aint using it then let someone else buy it who will give it some play time

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

oh just read you post.

You made a good choice

But how did you convince the misses

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
oh just read you post.

You made a good choice

But how did you convince the misses

Oddly enough, I didn't have to convince her at all.  She wanted to play a Wii game because she saw I was frustrated that it never gets used.  She looked at the few games we have and didn't want to play any of them.  So she went online to see what Wii games we out or upcoming that we could get.  While on Amazon, she decided to see what PS3 game are out or upcoming.  Then she looked over at me and said "um, Little Big Planet, God Of War III, Heavy Rain, exclusive Joker on Batman...sell the Wii!".  And the rest is history...lol.