By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official: SSB:B delayed in US until 10 Feb. 2008

As big of a deal as this should be. I notice that games dont sell the Wii console. Its the controls, demand, price, and thoes Asshole resellers that buy all the consoles to sell back for 350-400 bux. (And I know thoes Fukin resellers are stock piling for christmas. Thanks Reggie for letting thoes fuk know you guys wont meet demand)

Anyhow While this is a blow in terms of software sales the hardware sales should be fine.
I just feel sorry for all thoes kids on christmas morning with no Smash Bros for another 2 months.

Around the Network

actually grimygunz, I totally disagree with you. Without something as simple as wii sports, I don't think we'd have the number of people buying the wii console as we do now. Without wii sports their wouldn't be wii systems at senior citizen homes, sports bars, hospitals, and I think it really got many adults to have fun with video games again for the first time or since the atari/NES days. I bet you could find a story of an uncle or someone playing wii sports and his nephew's house and going out and getting a wii for himself, at least once a day if you looked at multiple forums and such.

I know I may be over praising wii sports here a little bit, but I truely belive that wii sports got this train going full speed from the start and then put it on cruise. I 'mean my god, my grandma beat my 10 year old cousin at wii bowling, and I don't think my grandma could navigate her way through a tv menu without help, that's just amazing and sooo many people have similar stories...

it's probably going to be a small, disorienting platformer with pretty graphics.

Do you not like platformers or just hate everything mainstream? Mario is acknowledged by reviewers as the king of platformers =

@natedog
Umm you seem to disagree with me while stating the obvious. Wii sport comes with the Wii in NA. Proving that Wii sales stays high because of the Wii package. And not the games coming out. We did'nt even get a real Hardware sales spike when Metriod P3 came out due to sales already being high even without great games. All we got was a 30k 1 week jump due to nintendo diverting shipment to NA during release. then a big drop off the next week.
The Wii doesn't need games to keep thier sales up At this moment. which is prolly why the pushed Smash Bro's back into 08 when Im guessing they are expecting the system sales to drop at that point. So Smash can carry them for that period of time.

IMO it's for the best; let Wii 3rd parties sell better and SSBB become a bit more
( even more? ) polished. Wii 2007

Around the Network

Did they say why the game was delayed? This game being the best wii game and delayed by two months is very bad for Nintendo. Not only is there line-up the worst this christmas but now they delay the best game for the wii until next year. I was playing the GC one the other day and forgot just how fun it was.

I'm interested in what a wii owner will be buying this year, you have galaxy and what else. I don't follow the wii so what all is coming out this year that is a must buy for wii owners?

GranTurismo said:
Did they say why the game was delayed? This game being the best wii game and delayed by two months is very bad for Nintendo. Not only is there line-up the worst this christmas but now they delay the best game for the wii until next year. I was playing the GC one the other day and forgot just how fun it was.

I'm interested in what a wii owner will be buying this year, you have galaxy and what else. I don't follow the wii so what all is coming out this year that is a must buy for wii owners?

Fire Emblem, BWii, RE:UC

There are a few other good games coming out this year, it really is a shame about SSBB as it really did define the Wii 2007 lineup as one of the greatest in console history, now its just good =

I did state the obvious in wii sports, but I'm just saying without it the wii wouldn't be what it is. Also TP and RE4 have consistent sales of about 15k each week which is pretty good for how long they've been out. Also it seems that whereas some of the games for the wii don't have spectacular first week sales, many have pretty decent legs.

I agree with you that there is no true system seller at this point, but I really think that Galaxy will be the game that is a killer app because it applies to so many people. From people who buy more core games like Zelda and Metriod to those that buy Big Brain Academy and wii play and to those that buy carnival games for their kids, everyone knows Mario and will be one of the first games they pick up for themselves or their family...

Eh.

I want Galaxy more anyway and SSBB is coming out 8 days before my birthday this way.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Cadence is a tool.

If you look at Twilight Princess, you'll see what I mean. A poorly paced adventure with obscure puzzles and little to no side quests.
(...)
I excluded Galaxy because it's probably going to be a small, disorienting platformer with pretty graphics.

It's fun pissing off people, isn't it? Just drop some ridiculous claims about everyone's favourite games. It's so easy!

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii)