By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (8/10 - 8/16)

How well Tomodachi Collection is doing is the big story in Japan. That game is crushing everything and it's success is driving Wii and DS sales in Japan.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network
Bruno Muñoz B said:

If Monster Hunter 3 is a failure then Dragon Quest IX is the biggest bomba of this year since Square Enix expected to sell 5 million copies only in Japan

Of course I don't consider its sales as great or magnificent, I think at this moment they are a little underwhelming but no way a bomba or a failure. Anyway I'm done with this subject, we had enough last week.

Expectations.  If FFXIII sells 600k and become the best JRPG so far it will still be called a bomb.

So MH3 is FAIL just beacuse some people on this forum thought it would sell alot more the first couple of weeks..... wow just wow... are some of you really really that sad?.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Lostplanet22 said:
Bruno Muñoz B said:

If Monster Hunter 3 is a failure then Dragon Quest IX is the biggest bomba of this year since Square Enix expected to sell 5 million copies only in Japan

Of course I don't consider its sales as great or magnificent, I think at this moment they are a little underwhelming but no way a bomba or a failure. Anyway I'm done with this subject, we had enough last week.

Expectations.  If FFXIII sells 600k and become the best JRPG so far it will still be called a bomb.

I'll be the 1st to call it a bomb if FFXIII only sells 600k.

Final Fantasy XIII should easily sell over 2 million copies.

Around the Network
Bruno Muñoz B said:

That would require nearly a 2/3 attatch rate on the PS3, gonna be pretty dificult.

1 million is guaranteed though.

I guess some people think that by calling MH3 a bomb it will take attention away from the poor state of the competition that is the HD consoles performance in Japan.

MH3 is holding up well and 1m in Japan alone is all but gauranteed. Will it get there before the holiday season is the question. If so, then my prediction of 1.2m is reasonable. The game is the highest selling third party game in Japan this gen (consoles) It has outsold LTD; MGS4,RE5,SF4,DMC4 in all but a few weeks. Are you guys prepared to call those games bombs?

WSR is holding up very well and will be another Million seller in Japan alone for Wii. Am looking forward to the hardware numbers.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Considering last week's Obon holiday, these are surprisingly low figures for MH3. Who knows if it will sell the first shipment now...

Obon doesn't really boost new titles or games that are followed only by a very specific fanbase. Look at the games that rose or are steady - DQIX - huge following, Wii Sports Resort - older, not frontloaded. Tamodatchi - still establishing a demographic. At best it slowed the fall a little bit. Other recent games like Tales of VS, SD Gundam fell pretty hard too.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

ph4nt said:
Bruno Muñoz B said:

That would require nearly a 2/3 attatch rate on the PS3, gonna be pretty dificult.

1 million is guaranteed though.

Thanks to the PS3 Slim and the huge expectation for Final Fantasy XIII I expect about 4 million consoles sold the day of its release.

Extrapolating it wouldn't be too far away from Metal Gear Solid 4. With a userbase of 2,3 million it managed to sell 700,000 copies, so I see it highly likely that Final Fantasy XIII sells about 2 million copies.