By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Screens

Shovelware.

Around the Network

Well on the bright side:
The smoke looks ok..
The dead guy in pic #1 doesn't look all that horrible.

The gameplay will be better than WaW, even if the graphics aren't

Just looks like they have either placeholder or rough draft textures for color and lighting.

Likely they are ensuring they can run everything first before working on texture resolution and quality.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

@ viper, then why release the screenshots now?

Around the Network

the game was considered to not be all that great looking in the first place...and look how well it was liked.

when given the opportunity, wii owners will act just as much the graphics whores they accuse ps3/360 owners of being.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Because screen shots are usually released on the publishers schedule, not the developers.

You know, we used to always get screen shots that showed heavily incomplete development until this generation which seemed to be that it has become a sin to release a screen shot of early work. Even to the point that we've seen a large increase in the volume of edited and touched up screen shots (or bullshots, if you will) to hide early work.

I also noted something else about the textures in the first shot. Notice how the environment textures are crisp with better resolution and quality? That kinda confirms that they are still working on the soldiers textures. It appears to be part of the multiplayer meaning it's probably just a generic soldier and not a main character and hence the lower texture priority.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

MrBubbles said:

the game was considered to not be all that great looking in the first place...and look how well it was liked.

when given the opportunity, wii owners will act just as much the graphics whores they accuse ps3/360 owners of being.

Are you fucking around? I think Wii owners get pissed off when developers bring us a game 2 years late, looking worse than the last game in the franchise when we know the console can do much more than that.

Wii owners payed $US250 for their machine knowing full well what it was capable of and developers throw us this bullshit. Trust me when I say graphics aren't the most important thing to me in a game but when I look at a screen and wonder how the hell I'm going to be able to enjoy it then there's something wrong.. When bad graphics get in the way of enjoying a game, such as they did with CoD3 on Wii for me (couldn't enjoy the game and ended up trading it in because I had a hard time discerning enemies from bushes, and yes I don't play FPS's that often) then there is something wrong.

I dont get why it looks so bad, Nintendo has good graphics, even the gamecubes resident evil had way better graphics than this

Viper1 said:
Because screen shots are usually released on the publishers schedule, not the developers.

You know, we used to always get screen shots that showed heavily incomplete development until this generation which seemed to be that it has become a sin to release a screen shot of early work. Even to the point that we've seen a large increase in the volume of edited and touched up screen shots (or bullshots, if you will) to hide early work.

I also noted something else about the textures in the first shot. Notice how the environment textures are crisp with better resolution and quality? That kinda confirms that they are still working on the soldiers textures. It appears to be part of the multiplayer meaning it's probably just a generic soldier and not a main character and hence the lower texture priority.

Yeah, even CTYD didn't look as bad as the preview shots made it look.

"Are you fucking around? I think Wii owners get pissed off when developers bring us a game 2 years late, looking worse than the last game in the franchise when we know the console can do much more than that."

Those are NOT of the final game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs