By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The official Gran Turismo 5 thread

more gif goodness.

Around the Network
Oniichan said:
@toastboy44562 - there will definitely be night. day and possibly sunset/dawn races but we dont know if it will actual day/night cycles. If they feature the le mans 24 hr race we can only assume that it will include day/night cycles.

The game is going to look beautiful at night on the Tokyo highway circuit. Also if you notice in the vids the Subaru has its headlights on. *wink* *wink*

omg! there are 24 hours races! i need to do this soon as the game comes out! and that would be an awesome feature btw

The Subaru with headlight on. The lighting is amazing.
Best part is this is gameplay graphic.

Man ! this game is gonna rock !!

@ kanariya - the headlights look amazing. So life like. I love how the light reflects around inside the light housing and mimics how headlights look during the day.

Around the Network
Oniichan said:

more gif goodness.

The way those bouncing tires interact with the environment is so realistic.

But look at the bottom right gif. Tsk tsk...

@ ultima - yeah the very last gif is disappointing and from one of the forum members on GTPlanet its been confirmed that the AI still follows the racing line and doesnt avoid a car thats been parked in the middle of it. Disappointed about that. But he did say they drive harder and faster now (they lock up and spin out) also you can perform succesful P.I.T moves on them.

EDIT: Also the AI feel pressure from you when your on their tails and will make mistakes.

Oniichan said:

@ ultima - yeah the very last gif is disappointing and from one of the forum members on GTPlanet its been confirmed that the AI still follows the racing line and doesnt avoid a car thats been parked in the middle of it. Disappointed about that. But he did say they drive harder and faster now (they lock up and spin out) also you can perform succesful P.I.T moves on them.

EDIT: Also the AI feel pressure from you when your on their tails and will make mistakes.

Hm... That's interesting.

I feel bad for those users with low-end internet connections O_o

^Why?^