By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The official Gran Turismo 5 thread

""
Even if only a third ( the popular models) of the cars have proper damage I'll be happy. So long as ALL cars have performance problems even if its not visible.
""

that is the big question indeed

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Oniichan said:
@toastboy44562 - there will definitely be night. day and possibly sunset/dawn races but we dont know if it will actual day/night cycles. If they feature the le mans 24 hr race we can only assume that it will include day/night cycles.

The game is going to look beautiful at night on the Tokyo highway circuit. Also if you notice in the vids the Subaru has its headlights on. *wink* *wink*

Forza3 has LeMan but no night/day cycle

all comes from Yamaguchi interview at Audi event in may

this is where he said "night/day cycle" and "weather"

Time to Work !

kanariya said:

The Subaru with headlight on. The lighting is amazing.
Best part is this is gameplay graphic.

u mean the actual game ?

I thought, looking at another thread some where on VGC that it was not possible to give actual gameplay pics OUTSIDE the photomode ?

I was assuming it was the same with GT5 ...

/sarcasm

Time to Work !

libellule said:
kanariya said:

The Subaru with headlight on. The lighting is amazing.
Best part is this is gameplay graphic.

u mean the actual game ?

I thought, looking at another thread some where on VGC that it was not possible to give actual gameplay pics OUTSIDE the photomode ?

I was assuming it was the same with GT5 ...

/sarcasm

nice

Wow wish I got this kinda setup. With a much bigger TV of cos.

Around the Network
kanariya said:

I WANT 1!!

Wow wish I got this kinda setup. With a much bigger TV of cos.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

GT Academy Winner Scores First Race Win

Despite spending the majority of his driving career in front of Gran Turismo, GT Academy winner Lucas Ordonez and teammate Alex Buncombe scored their first race victory at the Zolder circuit in Belgium last week, behind the wheel of the RJN Motorsport Nissan 350Z.

This is a huge step for the team (they’re running second GT4 European Cup championship) and a major landmark in Lucas’ career.  It’s also a very proud moment for sim racers everywhere -- whether your game of choice is GT, Forza Motorsport, or something on the PC, we all have Lucas to thank for “legitimizing” our hobby.  Here’s what RJN team boss Bob Neville had to say about the latest victory to gadget website T3:

“Whatever happens now in the rest of the season Lucas has proved a big point. His first season of GT racing has delivered a win in an international race series again top line drivers, in top line cars.  [...] The main focus is maintaining our second place in the [rest of the] Championship. That would really show everyone that a Playstation gamer can go from bedroom to championship contender in one year.”

GTPlanet user DustDriver was on hand at the event -- check out his gallery of photos and videos here.  Congratulations, Lucas, and good luck in Portugal next month!

Why dothe "Official" threads get made so early? 'd much prefer if they were made about a week or two before the actual game releases.

I want GT5 hope at TGS they will release the official release date.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

kanariya said:

I'm kinda beginning to understand why selnor has been absent from VGC in the past week after GamesCom.