By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Mediocre" games that you love.

What games or series that have received a generally mediocre critical response do you totally dig?  I want to hear 'em!

Personally, I quite enjoyed Shining Soul II, P.N. 03, Cubivore, Gitaroo Man, Shadow Hearts, Space Channel 5, The Adventures of Cookie and Cream, Breakdown, the Otogi games, Earth Defense Force 2017, Feel The Magic, and I'm sure others I'm forgetting.  Also, Ninja Five-O barely got any reviews at all, but that game is AWESOME.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

Also! The Goemon games for N64. Both were great.

Hates Nomura.

Black and White II
So much hate for that game.

driv3r

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Kingdom Hearts.

Around the Network

Kingdom Hearts had quite a positive critical response, though...

Hates Nomura.

Gothic 1,2,3 ; Anno 1602,1503,1701 .. in german magazines they received outstanding ratings , but internationally they were rated as mediocre ,so I guess mentioning them here is correct - both are just fantastic game serieses

SaGa. I think I like some of the games in that series more than Final Fantasy because its like the anti-FF, instead of focusing on pretentious storylines with rehashed battle systems, it has an unconventional (and more satisfying) leveling system and usually puts an emphasis on non-linear gameplay with large amounts of optional side quests and tons of recruitable characters.

Yet for some reason every release always gets tore into by game journalists even though Japan eats this series up. And I'm right there with them.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Moonwalker.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing, and it was pretty darn short in my opinion. Still....I just loved that game.

the Hitman series, though i guess it got mostly good reviews... Gex then, on the 3do, or Bonk's Adventure on Turbografix16