By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Failure Rate is 54.2 Percent

New chipsets = lower chance

for all we know all 5000 had launch consoles

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Even if failure rate is 100%...MS took care of the problem.

Usually you get 3 months of free live and a repaired console for 3 years. So yeah...these threads need to end.

but how far each one's benifitted in the same manner is yet to be surveyed...yeah we've been hearing MS is taking care of the problems..recent one being Jasper versions, giving away free LIVE access..so on.  At this failure rate it can get tedious.

Count me among the 3.8% that don't repeatedly bend over for MS and actually hold them accountable for the travesty of engineering that is the 360. Sold mine in April 07'. Plan on buying another MS console on or around the 12th of never.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

This is the reason I bought a PS3 first. I knew the 360 hadn't been in development long enough and there would be problems. Turns out, I hit a bullseye. I waited until the RROD problems began to die down and bought an Elite about 2 years or so ago, and I've been very happy ever since.

Anyone who couldn't see this coming based on how fast the 360 was developed is crazy. I knew it like they made commercials advertising it was going to fail..everyone else acted so surprised. It's MS people, give me a break. Look at all of their products - NEVER jump on the bangwagon when it's first pulled out of the barn. Let it get to the end of the block at least, and you're good.

i'm going to take everything in the survey with a grain of salt but the last stat really surprised me.

"The most shocking number from the survey — and frightening from a consumer perspective — is only 3.8 percent of Xbox 360 owners said they'd never buy another Xbox because of hardware failure."

Around the Network
GameAnalyser said:
disolitude said:
Even if failure rate is 100%...MS took care of the problem.

Usually you get 3 months of free live and a repaired console for 3 years. So yeah...these threads need to end.

but how far each one's benifitted in the same manner is yet to be surveyed...yeah we've been hearing MS is taking care of the problems..recent one being Jasper versions, giving away free LIVE access..so on.  At this failure rate it can get tedious.

Regardless. Xbox owners may bitch and whine when it happens and they have to deal with the shitty customer support but they will continue to be 360 owners. To me that says a lot. Hey maybe MS can spin that. "Even with our horrible hardware, people still love us!"

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

The thing is that the failure rate of the 360 always drove me away from buying one. And I don't think it's ok for a company to offer such kind of unstable product. So those who think we should stop being concerned by that problem are not aware that it obviously affects the 360 sales.

Over 50%?-.-

Do you want japanese voices in FF13 and Versus 13? Write to these guys and tell them: support@square-enix-usa.com

COKTOE said:
Count me among the 3.8% that don't repeatedly bend over for MS and actually hold them accountable for the travesty of engineering that is the 360. Sold mine in April 07'. Plan on buying another MS console on or around the 12th of never.

You were also gonna sell your PS3 over an Infamous trophy.

^ That shit is funny! The BAM one.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.