By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Failure Rate is 54.2 Percent

Boutros said:
JaggedSac said:
Nothing like a Game Informer survey to provide data.

I don't know whether Game Informer is credible or not but a survey is a survey.

Nope. To be taken seriously, a survey need to feet specific criterias. Simply asking to your "readers" is pretty much like asking to your "family". 

Around the Network
Manos said:
I guess I am very lucky 360 owner. I have 2 of them and both are still working fine! First one is a launch model..

Well you are part of the 45.8%. Not THAT lucky.

The only thing I enjoy more than a flawed unscientific survey, is a thread devoted to one.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Boutros Why would Sony work on making a death proof PS2? Cause no one is gonna tell them its wrong to offer a disfunctional product.

Fact is my Snes from what 15 years ago or so works and my 1 year old Slim PS2 broke a month ago.

Boutros said:
Manos said:
I guess I am very lucky 360 owner. I have 2 of them and both are still working fine! First one is a launch model..

But but... I have 2 of them! That is almost 110% failure rate?!

Around the Network
dbot said:
The only thing I enjoy more than a flawed unscientific survey, is a thread devoted to one.

What makes you think it's a flawed survey? Because of fanboys that lied? That's possible but I guess it happens in every survey.

CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:
Manos said:

You're really taking these failure rates personally huh?

I REALLY hate failure rate. I also think the PS3 failure rate is too high and it's a little more than 10%. The HDD of my PS3 died 1 year ago and I was so close to buy a 360 but then I heard the failure rate was like 33% so I backed off. I just don't have the fund to buy a second console nowadays so I hope real strong that my PS3 will hold on.

EDIT: But I'm actually not sure I understand your post...

Boutros said:
dbot said:

What makes you think it's a flawed survey? Because of fanboys that lied? That's possible but I guess it happens in every survey.

It was a reader's poll.  There wasn't a statistically relevant set of respondents.  Plus, fanboys lie.  

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
Boutros said:
dbot said:

It was a reader's poll.  There wasn't a statistically relevant set of respondents.  Plus, fanboys lie.  

Yes they do.

I believe it. Every 360 I know personally has failed at least once...probably about 8 unique consoles. Pretty brutal actually.

And yes, I will still buy the next ms console lol.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau