By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Wii Sports Resort lifting up Wii HW?

I think Nintendo said a pricecut would be in bound if WSR failed to lift uo wii sales. Is the console selling better now? Despite of the MH3 boost in Japan, let's keep it aside and talk about others and USA markets.

Around the Network

"Not yet. Come back in 6-8 weeks"

-Iwata

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

"Not yet. Come back in 6-8 weeks"

-Iwata

For some background info: Iwata stated in the Nintendo investor interview for the quarter ending June 30th that all evergreen titles (titles like Wii Play, Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, Brain Age, Nintendogs etc that just keep selling and selling) have historically take 6 - 8 weeks before they began to drive hardware sales. He also noted that he could not logically explain why that was the case.

^

Yeah but those titles drove hw sales in the moment they were released right?

Give it a little more time to see.

Around the Network

Price cuts only work for a short time but having compelling software is the key.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Somehow I doubt Nintendo is in any kind of rush to drop the price of their most successful console of all time.

I'm still curious as to whether or not WSR will boost hardware to any significant level. WS was disruptive WSR is simply improving and expanding and it's included games don't have the popularity of the WS(especially in NA). Not saying that it wont sell well just that I don't believe we will see it move much hardware. Sorry to doubt the Nintengod Iwata.

susymar said:
^

Yeah but those titles drived hw sales in the moment they were released right?

What part of "have historically take 6 - 8 weeks before they began to drive hardware sales" did you not understand?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

^ That's weird, didn't expect them to take so long in boosting the HW.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."