By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it Game Over for 360?

leo-j said:
I see so sony didnt do $hit?

And nintendo did everything. Yea you guys are right. Nintendo sold the most consoles and expanded the video game industry without doing anything. They will dominate NINTENDO FTW!!!!

No, I think most people here would give credit to Sega and Atari as well.

Whether your 17 year old memory wants to acknowledge it or not, there have been far larger impacts on the gaming world than Sony.

Pretty much all Sony did was create a machine that brought gaming more mainstream. There really wasn't a lot of innovation going on; it more more "right place, right time". 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
W29 said:
^its already picking up in sales. WTF are you talking about?

I'm talking about the console consistently selling well, not a sales spike for a short period of time. Halo is a big push but I think sales will really pick up when 360 isn't so expensive.

leo-j said:

And nintendo did everything. Yea you guys are right. Nintendo sold the most consoles and expanded the video game industry without doing anything. They will dominate NINTENDO FTW!!!!

You said Sony expanded the gaming market, which is presumably a reason you like them. Thus, it would follow that you would support the company trying to expand the market the most this gen. 

Also, I find it funny how much you bitch about MS tactics this gen when they are basically ripping off everything that made the PS brand successful.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

And the wii is the most innovative machine? Just because it has waggle?

I think if it would be ps3>wii right now you guys wouldnt be talking this B$

mM

maybe this thread should be cut short as I see a lot of personal attacks. Anybody agree?

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
leo-j said:

No, I think most people here would give credit to Sega and Atari as well.

Whether your 17 year old memory wants to acknowledge it or not, there have been far larger impacts on the gaming world than Sony.

Pretty much all Sony did was create a machine that brought gaming more mainstream. There really wasn't a lot of innovation going on; it more more "right place, right time". 

People often forget how badly Sega and Nintendo self-destructed in the mid-1990s and how this left a void to be filled by someone (or anyone if you'd rather) ... Sony came along with a good piece of hardware (in part because of their work with Nintendo on the SNES CD) and really took advantage of an opportunity.

With the PS2 Sony took advantage of a format which was rapidly becomming popular (DVD) and used Backwards compatibility as a hook to transition gamers to the next generation.

Certainly, Sony has done some really good things for the industry but they really were a company who was in the right place at the right time.

leo-j said:
And the wii is the most innovative machine? Just because it has waggle?

Who said the Wii was innovative? Maybe you dont like it when people expose how contradictory your logic is?

The reason people talk so much shit about the PS3 now is because of all the years of PS fanboys puting down other systems. The boot is on the other foot, so to speak.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

leo-j said:

I think you overestimate the power of internet forum mouth-breathers.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

At this point in time, there are twice as many XBOX 360 consoles as PS3 in homes. If the PS3 does gain momentum, and they can sustain it, what do you think Microsoft will do? Sit back and watch? There are enough tricks (bundles, discounts, exclusives) left in MS's arsenal to hold off anything Sony does. Until the PS3 offers something that's new and truly beyond what the 360 is showing, it's not going to overtake Microsoft's one year lead.

I'm hoping for the most cut throat, name calling, suprising console war, EVER. With the software and innovation that arises from competition, we are all gonna be in videogame heaven.

Nintendo Wii- Accurate Motion Sensing

Sony Playstation 3- An advanced processor and new format. (Sound familiar?)

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you