By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devil May Cry 4 to 360, PC

Stromprophet said: A port will probably look worse on the 360, but does that really matter? For shame.
Why do you say that? All cross platform games so far have been superior on the 360. Capcom says both are being released the same day so we have no idea which was the lead sku. Since all cross platform games so far have looked better on the 360, why would DMC4 be any different?

Around the Network

DMC4 have been ps3 exclusive for over a year and they announce now that its going to 360, I feel like that they have worked with the ps3 longer. So they have not worked with the 360 version as long as the ps3 so I cant see the 360 port being superior now.

The snowball starts rolling...

SAo one less exclusive, anybody still thinks that PS3 magical will turn the tide with a 200 USD higher price tag than Xbox360? So what should we wait for now? Home?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

This is a loss for sony how big a loss? Well when this was thought to be a ps3 exclusive a nice 360 fanboy pointed out something :D Sales in Japan Devil May Cry : 638,500 Devil May Cry 2: 509,500 Devil May Cry 3: 287,500 And now its for the 360 also does this mean its suddenly amazing? :P Not that im trying to say it isnt bad news for sony - but i think alot of people may be making this out to be a bigger game than it actually is....

Around the Network

I hadn't planned on getting this anyway , i gave up after DMC3 were too similar and got bored . I think all games should be available to all systems except first party stuff obviously it is only right everybody gets a chance whether its FFIII or MGS4 or Lost Planet and dead rising . This fanboy nonsense is just pointless in my opinion favours nobody .

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

Bubbles said: This is a loss for sony how big a loss? Well when this was thought to be a ps3 exclusive a nice 360 fanboy pointed out something :D Sales in Japan Devil May Cry : 638,500 Devil May Cry 2: 509,500 Devil May Cry 3: 287,500 And now its for the 360 also does this mean its suddenly amazing? :P Not that im trying to say it isnt bad news for sony - but i think alot of people may be making this out to be a bigger game than it actually is....
They're probably not going to lose many sales in Japan, it's not like the 360 is burning up the market over there. But it's a pretty good bet they'll lose some of these sales. America Devil May Cry 1: 1.29M Devil May Cry 2: 0.62M Devil May Cry 3: 0.73M Others/Ex Japan Devil May Cry 1: 0.83M Devil May Cry 2: 0.52M Devil May Cry 3: 0.54M http://www.vgcharts.org/worldtotals.php?name=devil+may+cry&console=&publisher=&sort=Total

staticneuron said: What is not being mentioned here is the fact that the 360 is losing 3rd party exclusives as well. So if games end up on both systems it will come to a value based purchase. Here is the issue. Games like DMC, splinter cell, GTA (the 3d version) and others made it big in only one generation. Has anyone reallly thought about the pros pect of new exclusives and titles for each system?
Static the problem for the PS3 is that it costs more. If the 360 and PS3 get the same games it hurts the PS3 more than the 360. This isn't like the PS2 and X-box. Each of those systems were the same price. In the case of the 360 and the PS3 there is a $200 price difference to consider. Also which exclusives are the 360 losing? Splinter Cell: DA was never an exclusive. The sequel to Splinter Cell: DA is 360 exclusive though. Oblivion? You'd be right about Oblivion, unfortunately for the PS3 owners they aren't getting the same game. Some content is missing and there is no release date for the Shivering Isles expansion as of yet. This leaves out the fact that the game is being released a year after the PC and 360 versions of the game. Enchanted Arm? True, but even in Japan the PS3 version has only managed to outsell the 360 version 27,500 to 24,000. What upcoming exclusive game for 360 has jumped ship to PS3? Yes some new IP is likely to take off this generation. None of us knows what that game is at this point, but Sony is going to have to hope it comes from one of their internal teams. They can't assume that the PS3 will be able to hold down any 3rd party exclusives. There seems to be a domino effect going on right now. The effect is not in Sony's favor.

anyway, that was sweet, before euro lunch, DMC4 and AC6. it will be interesting, what will be next. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Like Darc, and everyone else has been saying it's the price to consider, look at it like this if the PS3 was 200 dollars cheaper and you could buy the blueray player for 200 if you wated to it would sale so much more. Maybe they should have took Microsoft's outlook, that's why I bought a 360.