By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devil May Cry 4 to 360, PC

Well, we all know how Capcom is investing that mad MHP2 cash...more 360 games. I see this as a pretty big deal. Capcom generally supports great, under rated systems each generation (Genesis comes to mind immediately..) with holes in the lineup that have yet to be filled. It also seems to be a continuation of PS3 losing exclusives... What do you all think?

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

If true I would consider that a real loss. Though it seems like Wii is getting a lot of the developer shift and not PS3 or 360. All the other games that have gone the other way so far have not been too important. Well, GTA, but that was never exclusive. A port will probably look worse on the 360, but does that really matter? For shame.

The announcement is from the Capcom website. Thats pretty legit to me. Check it out on www.gamesarefun.com, I'm sure neogaf has it by now too...

- Lao Tzu

No Wii version? Oh well. :-/

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/774/774093p1.html

Capcom announced that the 360 version would release simultaneously with the PS3 edition.

Around the Network

Official release in Japan. "Capcom decides to sell Devil May Cry PS3, XBOX360 and PC!" http://ir.capcom.co.jp/news/html/070320.html (Japanese only) And, Capcom says "Capcon promotes multi-platform as the management strategy." (Probably, some error in my traslation...) Additionally, there is interesting rumor about Capcom in Japan. "Capcom cancelled 4 of 5 PS3 only game." For this rumor, some people thought "Capcom didi't cancell, but moved to multi-platform." Now, it becomes true. So, other games for PS3 may move to multi-platform...

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Is this another potential game to drive 360 sales in Japan?

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said: Is this another potential game to drive 360 sales in Japan?
This is very difficult problem. DMC series has amount of funs and DMC4 is said it has some influence for the choice of nextgen console. So, this news may drives 360 sales. But I think it is very small and there is few possibilities the sales drastically increase.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

This is big, now ps3 is only holding FF and MGS as far as 3rd party exclusives go. This could hurt Sony in America and Europe. However with the ps3 having already outsold the x360 in Japan, it's hard to think Japan's gamers are going to start buying one just because it's getting a few more multiplatform titles. I do think though it can help there image there, they really need to change their marketing campaign lower their price and hype the mess out of Eternal Sonata, Lost Odysessy and the Blue Dragon series, and work on getting a Gundam game for crying out loud, that's their real problem. X360 can't lead this generation until it gains some ground in one of the biggest gaming arenas.

Foo i agree completely...well said

- Lao Tzu