By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wow, this is the definition of ignorance

I got linked to this video earlier today. Most of it is not necesary to watch as it's just a religious debate. But the bit I want you guys to see starts about 0:50 seconds into the video until about 2:40. I think it's the most ignorant minute or so chat I think I have heard, they are seriously trying to convince this Indian girl that India is an Africa and not Asia, despite her rather expert knowledge of India (seeing as she's from India). When she tells them India is in Asia they just disregard what she says in quite a rude manner.

Everyone has a right to be ignorant if they wish, and we all are at times (I know I can certainly be) but there has to be a limit.

Change to OP; She does mention Henry Fielding in her tags, which could suggest this is a joke as he was a satirist. But joke or not the girl is still quite frankly ignorant because it would be in very bad tatse if it is. Either way decide for yourself.

And also Christians have taken offense, be assured this was not my intention. In my defense I made an effort to point out the bit about the Indian girl, if I wanted to make a thread bashing christianity then let me assure I would have said watch the whole video.

Around the Network

Main Entry: ig·no·rance
Pronunciation: \ˈig-n(ərən(t)s\
Function: noun
Date: 13th century

: the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

What's ironic is that often times North Africa is seen as not being in Africa.

Due to it being extremely different culturally then the rest of africa and having more in common with the middle east.

"I had two friends over today, one regular one and one Indian" WTF? So Caucasian is regular? This is indeed the definition of ignorance,

Craan said:
Main Entry: ig·no·rance
Pronunciation: ˈig-n(ərən(t)s
Function: noun
Date: 13th century

: the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

Haha, that too.

Around the Network

The two girls commented on a video response and claimed that it was pretty clear from the video that they knew more about India than the Indian girl.

RolStoppable said:
Just in another thread I saw mrstickball listing the Middle East under Africa. So watch out what you say, highwaystar. The guy is a mod.

Uh oh, I'm getting the hell outta here!!!!

*runs away*

lol

I ain't scared of no ball on a stick I have Jesus on my side

oh dear lord...

that's a whole new level of ignorance

She talks just like Apu.