By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Zelda Wii (2010) sales predictions

Is it unreasonable to predict that it will be the highest selling Zelda ever like Brawl Wii and Mario Kart Wii are?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

I think close to 8 million.

Around 7 million. It will fall short from OoT numbers.

It'll be huge I think, it will most certainly tip 6 and 7 million, I even think it could reach 8! This is my most anticipated Wii title by far and two Zelda games in their own right is more than enough reason to buy a Wii! (Final Fantasy, two Super Mario platformer, Metroid and Mario Kart are others... ).

6-7 million.

Do you want japanese voices in FF13 and Versus 13? Write to these guys and tell them: support@square-enix-usa.com

Around the Network

I'm sure ti will easily break the 5 million mark, but I do not expect for a second that it will be released in 2010.

About OoT numbers.

Pyro as Bill said:
Is it unreasonable to predict that it will be the highest selling Zelda ever like Brawl Wii and Mario Kart Wii are?

I don't think so. I think it will be the first Zelda with a chance at selling 10 million copies. I think Miyamoto wants to position the game as a bridge game like Mario Kart Wii and create an impact as big as Ocarina or the original Zelda, which in today's market with Europe would mean a 10-million seller.

I hope that the first thing that happens in the game is that the little Master Sword Girl shows up and gives Link a sword, and then he kills some bad guys. Like, first 2 minutes of the game, you're kicking ass with Motion Plus sword-fighting. I think that's the first step to an Ocarina-level success.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Honestly, we don't know enough about this game to make any kind of prediction.. just because OOT was the best-selling, Majora's Mask sold half of that. Its more possible to predict the sales of Spirit Tracks (which I think are going to be low for the Zelda series.. simply because there's no hype surrounding this game.)

8.2 million