By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valve has no plans working on the PS3.

Seeing as how multiplat is a big thing for 3rd party devs to increase sales and profit, market wise, Valve is just hurting themselves by cutting off over 23million potential buyers.

I dont really care if they dont touch the PS3 anymore, thats what a PC is for, yet i barely touch my PC for valve games either.

Around the Network

PS3 can have second party developers, but the 360 can't?

But war... war never changes

^ Well it can if they are only merely good. Once brilliance is shown they aren't allowed to be 2nd party.

Tease.

OP: I don't mind, Valve are PC developers in my mind and I wholeheartedly hope they'll maintain their efforts and solid work there where it belongs!

I play Valve games on my PC. Playing those games with a controller felt like I was playing a crippled game.

I just hope that they keep up their quality and support for their games like they currently do and that's not affected because they're also workiing with the 360.

Around the Network

I enjoyed L4D on the 360, but if I had a gaming PC it would have been better on it. It took to long for the patches to get certified on the 360.

I am not sure why this is still posted as news, Valve has said all of this before.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Last game I got from valve was HL2 4 years ago.

It's their loss if they can't/don't want to develop on the ps3. :/

I'm disappointed. I would love the chance to play Halflife 2: Episode 3 and Left4Dead 2 on my PS3. Oh well. I suppose if those games are really good, I can always get them for the PC.

A lot of the responses in this thread lack maturity or business vision. Sony developed an heterogeneous architecture, and it has consequences. This is one of them, the bad quality of the ports is another one.

Kynes said:
A lot of the responses in this thread lack maturity or business vision. Sony developed an heterogeneous architecture, and it has consequences. This is one of them, the bad quality of the ports is another one.

Lazy ass developers not wanting to develop for the ps3 is another