By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

oh god, this is a very high failure rate.

numbers are not looking good >_o

Around the Network

Count this or not, but, i bought my brothers a 360 for xmas 2006. Since then it broken and instead of paying for it to be repaired, we just bought a $200 arcade and used their old HDD. So far so good on this new model.

Although the failure rate is VERY high in this thread look at all the people that have stuck with the 360 even after they had problems, must be a very good console for people to stick with it through thick and thin!

20 GB Pro -Purchased Jan 2007 and sold Feb 2009 (RRoD'd every November).
60 GB Pro (Jasper!) Purchased in Feb 2009.

I'll probably buy another 360, most likely an Arcade, soon. Need one for the bedroom.

The only pic I got from my X360:

That's the only RROD I got. Bought the console in March 2008, got the RROD around January 2009 I think. New one is working fine until now. Got a refurbished one back in about 4 days. And it came with a more quiet dvd drive and console as a whole. So yeah.. I have nothing to complain about.

Truth does not fear investigation

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
Although the failure rate is VERY high in this thread look at all the people that have stuck with the 360 even after they had problems, must be a very good console for people to stick with it through thick and thin!

...or, as in my brothers case, it is what all of their friends play, they had 20 or so games still, and the PS3 was twice as much.

Basically, a lot of tweens buy it because it has the shooter/online experience they want AND more importantly its what their friends are playing.

If the PS3 came out at the same time with similar price point, it very well may be in 360's place or they might be a whole lot closer to eachother.

2 Xbox 360, new Elite from 07 and Pro from last year. Both of them are still working!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Ok. It looks like the fail-rate for vgchartz 360's is 41.25% (33/80)

Bought a 360 Pro in November 08 and no problems so far.

dsister44 said:

I have had 7 RRoDs. I played a lot

I have a pro

wow you really unlucky I know I played my 360 much more than you.. mine was built nov 2006 and it RRoD a few months ago from FFXI.. but then I was leaving 360 on for more than 24 hours a day a few times a week while I slepted and I'd been playing FFXI since December 08..

had to do that just to sell stuff in bazaar when the auction houses was full of my crap waiting to be sold

and I don't even wanna mention the hours clocked up on phantasy star universe.... the first game I bought a 360 for...

anyway was still under warranty and they sent me back a different model built 09 I think it's an Opus motherboard