By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guitar Hero Van Halen FREE when you Pre-Order Guitar Hero 5!

Still not on the news... Mainly because it's getting pushed down by the Piracy War threads...

Around the Network

I just called GameStop, and you don't have to pre-order to get GH:VH, but if you pre-order it, you are guaranteed to get the game, whereas if you just walk in, you may or may not leave with the game... And apparently, you still get the 2-song free DLC if you pre-order in addition to the free game.

smart move activision. i was gonna pick up gh5 used and not buy van halen but now im gonna preorder it. $30 per game is pretty hard to beat on day 1.

the title is misleading, but im dont blame u for it. the GS page itself is self contradictory.

Is there any news on whether this might work in the Uk? I'm becoming more interested in GH5 now knowing about the song importing, something I've bitterly complained about for a long time with GH, and, well, if I'm going to buy it, I'm going to look for a deal giving me a free GH:VH. Anyone?

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

This offer is US only

Around the Network

That's great. The question is which iteration of Van Halen though?

Why do u mean which interation?

Wiped said:
Is there any news on whether this might work in the Uk? I'm becoming more interested in GH5 now knowing about the song importing, something I've bitterly complained about for a long time with GH, and, well, if I'm going to buy it, I'm going to look for a deal giving me a free GH:VH. Anyone?

On the site it says "Offer only good in USA"...

Maybe UK will get a different promotion? Van Halen doesn't even come out until 2010 in Europe... No details as of yet, but I'll be watching the Official Facebook (They're the ones who hinted at the new info first, before any news site posted it).

Anywho, I see you haven't bought GH:SH (according to you owned games list). You should totally rent it and export all of the songs while you're at it.

sguy78 said:
That's great. The question is which iteration of Van Halen though?

I think you mean which iteration of the band?

The Sammy Hargar-less one:

"The Van Halen songs in the game are taken during the time when David Lee Roth was in the band, and do not include any works during the period that Sammy Hagar was a band member; Activision's head of music licensing, Tim Riley, notes that the lack of such material was not due to any demands or requests made by David Lee. Roth Riley also stated that most of the guest acts were selected by Wolfgang Van Halen, at the suggest of Roth..." - wikipedia

So it seems, pre-1985/post-2007, but with the kid bassist (Wolfgang) being featured like Trujillo was in GH:M, and that most of the songs are from the pre-1985 era. "Most of the songs were written before [Wolfgang] was born" - IGN interview

Sammy Hagar was the best