By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (8/3 - 8/9)

outlawauron said:
peachbuggy said:
So you are basically saying MH3 should have came out on PS3, sold 4 or 500,000 copies and cost millions to make thus losing Capcom millions of pounds instead of coming out on the Wii, costing less than half the price to make and then selling in excess of a million copies. Yeah, that would really be a smart business move for Capcom. LOOOOL at your pointless arguments.

@ Soriku

The only thing I think the PS3 could have added would be a more stable online mode (I honestly don't too many will use this outside of the hardcore people who were already playing it on PS2). You would be able to add a lot more content, and of course the graphic overhaul.

Gameplay would be largely the same as the MH3 is reliant on the CCP, IIRC.

Capcom can make the online as stable as they want since they are using thier own servers for this game. That is why there aren't any friend codes btw. Actually I have the game, and it runs very stable. For somebody who is connecting from the other side of the world with an internet connection way below the average in Japan that is great.  Content isn't an issue either, and you can see this by the game not being on a Dual Layered disc. Also if you are talking about other storage methods the Wii now supports DLC of SD cards. The graphics overhaul is just about anything they can do on the PS3 that they couldn't on the Wii.

Around the Network

media create hardware:

DSi 70,066
Wii 47,140
PSP 33,893
DS Lite 8,699
PS3 5,826
Xbox 360 5,436
PS2 4,601

360 and PS3 are so close.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Look, it's 2005 again!

Another Japanese shop drops Monster Hunter 3 Price 59% (pic courtesy of Jonnyram from Tokyo)

Star Scream did you get this from that Japanese forum you mentioned about before as well? I would love to read some of the comments there. Is it possible you can link it?

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Star Scream did you get this from that Japanese forum you mentioned about before as well? I would love to read some of the comments there. Is it possible you can link it?

This one is from Neogaf, you can read the comments here -  http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371157&page=2

Star Scream said:
sc94597 said:

This one is from Neogaf, you can read the comments here -  http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371157&page=2

I was more interested on how Japanese gamers were interpreting this news. Thanks for the link though.

dolemit3 said:
media create hardware:
DSi 70,066
Wii 47,140
PSP 33,893
DS Lite 8,699
PS3 5,826
Xbox 360 5,436
PS2 4,601

360 and PS3 are so close.

Yes, about as close as they're relevant.

I'm sorry, but I just can't resist. I can't even imagine.

Having said that though, hopefully the PS3 slim will change that, I still say the PS3's size is as much of a big deal in the Japan as the price. If not more. I hope the PS3 does very well.

sc94597 said:
Star Scream said:
sc94597 said:

I was more interested on how Japanese gamers were interpreting this news. Thanks for the link though.

I have something for you then - http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1250164527/l50  (Japanese gaming forum on 2ch)

A lot of comments + some new pictures like this

sc94597 said:
outlawauron said:
Aiemond said:
dolemit3 said:
Soriku said:
dolemit3 said:
ameratsu said:

So this game is most likely going to meet Capcom's expectations or maybe fall a bit short.

Considering that they shipped 1 million units week one, no.

Yes it will, unless you can provide any info on how fast they expected to sell them.

In Japan used copies flood the market within two weeks so the retailers suffer dearly when they overpurchase video game disks.

Games with good multiplayer do not get sold in as high numbers.

Every game gets brought back because they actually have very high trade-in value.

I imagine when the free trial for online ends, there will be a good bit returned. It's the same for MMOs. It spikes early and those free trial members leave while the hardcore continue on.

I'm assuming most people pre-ordered the game though. If they did, they got something like 3 months free opossed to the 20 days. So this shouldn't be a problem for at least that much time. That is assuming it happens like you expect, and nobody is going to pay $8 a  month. Also the online is much easier to pay. All you need to do is use wii points.

I do think many people will pay, but it will have a drop once the included free trial runs out. That's all I'm saying.

And if you truly don't think they could add more content to a PS3 version than a Wii version, I question that logic greatly. I wasn't talking about the guanranteed DLC though. They can fit a lot more on dual layered BR than a dual layered DVD. As far as online goes, my experience with Wii online hasn't been all that great. Of course, as I haven't played MH3 I can't comment much, but I highly doubt it's as seemless and easy as it would be on XBL or PSN. I would loved to proved wrong though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.