By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - That Blue Light is reported to be flashing...

...yes, its another firmware update for the Wii - just in time for the conference.

Maybe this is the September surprise - just delayed?

http://www.gametab.com/news/1067398/

Features:

- USB keyboard support in Internet channel

- send links to other people

- copy/paste text between pages

- links in the message board can open up the Internet channel

...please report any other updates you notice :)

Hopefully this is the prelude to the 'Check Mii Out' channel, or even better... DS Demo Station!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I'm using a PS2-to-USB adapted for my keyboard, it works on message board but not on Opera.

Fantastic.

fazz said:
I'm using a PS2-to-USB adapted for my keyboard, it works on message board but not on Opera.

Fantastic.

It worked for me before - I guess this update makes it work in Opera.

I'm hoping that eventually we can edit addresses directly in the search bar - tab between windows, etc.

I will have to pick up a proper USB keyboard (Bluetooth!) on the weekend...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

It definitely does work on Internet Channel (the USB Keyboard) i've tested.. make sure you update the Internet channel yourself if it didn't do it automatically (unfortunately, it may mean you need to delete the internet channel and completely redownload it)

My blue light is firmly off :(

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network
tabsina said:
It definitely does work on Internet Channel (the USB Keyboard) i've tested.. make sure you update the Internet channel yourself if it didn't do it automatically (unfortunately, it may mean you need to delete the internet channel and completely redownload it)

What about if I downloaded it BEFORE it was charged? I have to pay if I download again? 

MAYBE, I said MAYBE, Soriku will finally copy and paste the text on his Wii when he votes on a thread.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I've just updated the firmware, internet channel and everybody votes channel. (just go to the wii shop channel and update it there)

The internet channel has the select function for search, haven't tried the keyboard function yet.
But I don't see any update for the everybody votes channel? Do you see anything new in that one?

edit: no blue light here either.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

My blue light never lit up. I just read about the update on another site and downloaded it. Some people were having problems with keyboard support on Opera, but it's working like a charm for me.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

fazz said:
tabsina said:

What about if I downloaded it BEFORE it was charged? I have to pay if I download again?

Anything on VC you download can be downloaded again for free, which also (gratefully) applies to the Internet Channel, even if you didn't pay for it with the trial