By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts Week 32 (2009).

Squilliam said:
I found the graphics and the animations to actually be a step backwards! It looks like an up-res PS2 game, at least from the demo! But yeah I forgot about the Ashes... I think you're right though. My biggest gripe was that it was unreadable on my friends HD TV and pressing a button to catch!!! Oh how I hated that..

I can read it fine on my TV (the PS3 version). Pressing a button for a catch is fine, it is better than it just being random like on EA's cricket games, and at least they have removed the throwing. I think the graphics are slightly better, but there are just so many annoying things about this game, like how you can play back foot shots off your toes very easily and how they don't hold the pose. After a nice forward defensive, you hold the shot and show you are balanced and in control... but no, and they removed the sweep shot, but still there is no competition so...

Around the Network

Hmmm. I know about half the team that worked on Cricket, and its been in dev for years... (they missed last years deadline, and it got moved to this year).

Curious to know what its like on the Wii - does it have motion support at all?

A proper WM+ cricket title would rock...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Munkeh111 said:
Squilliam said:
I found the graphics and the animations to actually be a step backwards! It looks like an up-res PS2 game, at least from the demo! But yeah I forgot about the Ashes... I think you're right though. My biggest gripe was that it was unreadable on my friends HD TV and pressing a button to catch!!! Oh how I hated that..

I can read it fine on my TV (the PS3 version). Pressing a button for a catch is fine, it is better than it just being random like on EA's cricket games, and at least they have removed the throwing. I think the graphics are slightly better, but there are just so many annoying things about this game, like how you can play back foot shots off your toes very easily and how they don't hold the pose. After a nice forward defensive, you hold the shot and show you are balanced and in control... but no, and they removed the sweep shot, but still there is no competition so...

It was a 25" CRT at my friends house. But yeah I agree with pretty much everything you wrote, I think I prefer some of the older games for the PS2 more. They look a little uglier but they are a whole lot more fun. TBH im actually tempted to just keep playing them on my PS3.

Tease.

Well I the Ashes licence, and it is actually quite fun as it feels more satisfying to build an innings

@ shams, it seriously does not feel like it has been in work for years, it really feels similar to BLIC 2007 I don't know what took them so long, with such an outdated graphics engine, the crowd is what you would see in FIFA 2001! And there is no Wii Motion Plus

Well Shams I give them credit for actually making a Cricket game in spite of the flaws. Its honestly better than nothing and I thank them for its existance, but at the same time I kind of wish it was a little bit more enjoyable so I could justify giving them my money at launch rather than continuing to play the old PS2 games and waiting for it to drop to half price or less.

Tease.

Around the Network

Denmark

(01) 01   WII SPORTS RESORT (NINTENDO)
(02) 02   THE SIMS 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(03) 03   FIFA 09 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(06) 04   NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERCOVER (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(10) 05   MARIO KART WII (NINTENDO)
(05) 06   HARRY POTTER & THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(08) 07   GUITAR HERO: WORLD TOUR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(17) 08   WII PLAY (NINTENDO)
(04) 09   PRO CYCLING MANAGER 2009: TOUR DE FRANCE (K.E. MEDIA)
(13) 10   COUNTER-STRIKE: SOURCE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(07) 11   CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(12) 12   GRAND THEFT AUTO IV (K.E. MEDIA)
(09) 13   GUITAR HERO: METALLICA (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(11) 14   WII FIT (NINTENDO)
(18) 15   WORLD OF WARCRAFT: WRATH OF LICH KING (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(19) 16   GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS (K.E. MEDIA)
(15) 17   LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME (PAN VISION)
(__) 18   WARCRAFT III: REIGN OF CHAOS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(__) 19   WARCRAFT III: FROZEN THRONE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(__) 20   PROTOTYPE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

wii play and mkwii sure jumped up the chart

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

The Wii version may have an outside chance to outsell the PS3 version due to legs. However, with the absence of any numbers it may not be so black and white. Nice to see a cricket game on the Wii. Hope it is not outsold too heavily by HD versions so if there are more cricket games made, they will come to Wii.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

This shouldn't surprise anyone. There was a cricket game on the PS1 that sold over a million copies.

Also, great for LittleBigPlanet.

peachbuggy said:

The Wii version may have an outside chance to outsell the PS3 version due to legs. However, with the absence of any numbers it may not be so black and white. Nice to see a cricket game on the Wii. Hope it is not outsold too heavily by HD versions so if there are more cricket games made, they will come to Wii.

Your underestimating the draw of being able to actually bat in a cricket game. There is absolutely no reason to assume Wii golf games won't sell as much as Wii Cricket games compared with the PS360 versions.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.