By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overated game of all time.

dsister44 said:
Taz! said:
waron said:
God of War entire series(especially Chains of Olympus),
GTA4,
FF7,
FF Tactics,
Uncharted and probably Uncharted 2,
Resistance entire series,
Call of Duty 4 and probably Modern Warfare 2 as well,
new Prince of Persia,
MGS4,
Killzone entire series(especially first 2 games on ps2 and psp),
Ratchet and Clank as a platformer since it's hardly a platformer,
LBP gameplaywise - awesome level editor and just plain wrong gameplay thanks to uber realistic physics,
Gran Turismo entire series since PD didn't do anything aside making better graphics since GT1 on psx and it's still "Real Driving Simulator" and "definitive racer" to them, sony and playstation fanboys eventhough all those games are subpar to most pc racing sims released 10 years ago.

As if you have played all those games in red. You can lie, but I won't believe. 

Also, you obviously haven't played GT5p from your comments - but I already knew that anyways.

The blue part shows that you listen to insideracingsim too much, why people trust them I have no idea. They even said that an old Fanatec wheel was on par with the G25. Also, this also signifies that you know nothing about what you're talking about. You know that 10 years ago on the PC the racing wheels were pure filth, and if you're trying to see how good a racing sim is by using a keyboard then you are going wrong. 

Why? because he disagrees with you? I am thinking the same thing about hal fof your post(your other one). And maybe he played Gt5 prologue a short time with a crappy Sony wheel...

Because he doesn't own a PS3 maybe? There is no way that if you don't own a console you can play and remark on 6 of it's exclusives - yes, playing one or two at a mates is fine, but six is un-reasonable Imo. (There is actually more than 6 but anyway). Also, don't you think it's weird that he's mentioned 8 Sony/PS exclusive games, a few multiplats and not one Xbox 360 exclusive?

He obviously hasn't played GT5 as he has again stated factually incorrect information regarding it. PD have dont alot more than just update the graphics, especially with the jump to GT5. Waron should know what all those factual improvements are, since he's a big racing sim fan.

And Sony don't make wheels, they get Logitech to make them for them

Around the Network
Taz! said:

Because he doesn't own a PS3 maybe? There is no way that if you don't own a console you can play and remark on 6 of it's exclusives - yes, playing one or two at a mates is fine, but six is un-reasonable Imo. (There is actually more than 6 but anyway). Also, don't you think it's weird that he's mentioned 8 Sony/PS exclusive games, a few multiplats and not one Xbox 360 exclusive?

He obviously hasn't played GT5 as he has again stated factually incorrect information regarding it. PD have dont alot more than just update the graphics, especially with the jump to GT5. Waron should know what all those factual improvements are, since he's a big racing sim fan.

Or he could be like me, and have completely played through some of the Sony exclusives before even owning the PS3.

He is saying that they are overrated. He is being very lenient imo. The entire GOW series is a repetitive gorefest. Uncharted is just another tps. MGS4 is just another tps

And he owns a lot of racing sims. And I will trust him on that. You should check his collection before you comment sometimes. Plus you didn't comment on Maynard_Tool who agreed with him

Halo 3

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Halo 3 and FF VII.

I think most will agree those are probably the two most overrated games of all time.

Others, in my mind, include:

MechWarrior IV,
Vagrant Story,
GTA III
GTA IV

dsister44 said:
Taz! said:

Or he could be like me, and have completely played through some of the Sony exclusives before even owning the PS3.

He is saying that they are overrated. He is being very lenient imo. The entire GOW series is a repetitive gorefest. Uncharted is just another tps. MGS4 is just another tps

And he owns a lot of racing sims. And I will trust him on that. You should check his collection before you comment sometimes. Plus you didn't comment on Maynard_Tool who agreed with him

You're response doesn't directly relate to mine. I need you to answer me:

- Why he thinks Sony's lineup is over-rated, but Microsofts seems to be perfect

- Why he's telling false details about Gran Turismo and PD

- Why he thinks PC Sims 10 years ago were better when they clearly were not.

And I do think Waron is a racing sim fan (unlike others who just pretend), also, if MGS4 is your typical TPS ,then, well, I'm speechless -_-

Around the Network
Taz! said:
dsister44 said:
Taz! said:

And I do think Waron is a racing sim fan (unlike others who just pretend), also, if MGS4 is your typical TPS ,then, well, I'm speechless -_-

1. Why are all the Sony fans saying Microsoft games?

2. He is obviously talking about lack of damage

3.Obviously he is a horrible fanboy...

What is in Prologue that is new? Is not in any other games? Please tell me. 

And about MGS4 I hate all tps. I was just saying that it is no different from them

dsister44 said:
Taz! said:
dsister44 said:
Taz! said:

1. Why are all the Sony fans saying Microsoft games?

2. He is obviously talking about lack of damage

3.Obviously he is a horrible fanboy...

What is in Prologue that is new? Is not in any other games? Please tell me. 

And about MGS4 I hate all tps. I was just saying that it is no different from them

Some Sony fans are obviously biased, some are not. You don't see me going around defending them, and most of them have just said 'Halo 3'.....not half of the 360 exclusive lineup.

He obviously didn't state that he was talking about damage, he said something completely different. Also, sure GT5 is getting damage, so he fails either way.

Prologue compared to other GT games has: Drifting, Online Racing, Improved Visuals, a whole new realistic physics engine and cockpit views. For what is basically a big demo - that's alot of improvements. Obviously these things are in other games, but thats not what we are talking about here. Alot of people like GT because they feel that it does alot of things better than other racers.

And you obviously haven't played MGS4. It is very different from other TPS games. It has stealth, one of the most complex plots, and hour long cutscenes. I've yet to see any other TPS do all that this Gen, so it's different.

@dsister

It's possible that you can play all of those games and think they're overrated, but when the games you dislike and think don't deserve the accolades they received are all not on your console of choice you might want to take a long hard look at yourself and figure out why the strange coincidence.

He said "Gran Turismo entire series since PD didn't do anything aside making better graphics since GT1 on psx and it's still "Real Driving Simulator" and "definitive racer" to them, sony and playstation fanboys eventhough all those games are subpar to most pc racing sims released 10 years ago."

It sounds like to me he is saying that people hype it as the definitive racer. Without it adding anything that has yet to be done.Even you said 'Obviously these things are in other games'. Which is agreeing with him. I do not see the problem

@Torillian 

I know. I am just bored and wanted to get into a debate, and knew that Taz! would go a few rounds with me 

Edit: I own MGS4 and it is nothing special to me. The only TPS I like is Earth Defense 2017.

dsister44 said:

He said "Gran Turismo entire series since PD didn't do anything aside making better graphics since GT1 on psx and it's still "Real Driving Simulator" and "definitive racer" to them, sony and playstation fanboys eventhough all those games are subpar to most pc racing sims released 10 years ago."

It sounds like to me he is saying that people hype it as the definitive racer. Without it adding anything that has yet to be done.Even you said 'Obviously these things are in other games'. Which is agreeing with him. I do not see the problem

@Torillian 

I know. I am just bored and wanted to get into a debate, and knew that Taz! would go a few rounds with me 

Edit: I own MGS4 and it is nothing special to me. The only TPS I like is Earth Defense 2017.

One last point from me - Alot of People think GT is the definitive racer because they think it's of the highest quality, that's all.

And as for the yellow part, I hope I entertained