By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overated game of all time.

Slimebeast said:
outlawauron said:
Slimebeast said:
outlawauron said:
Slimebeast, I just did this out of curiousty.

I googled JRPG and I got 812,000 possible links.

I googled WRPG and I got less than 40,000 possible links.

I know it doesn't mean anything, but I thought it was humorous.

And yes, there are hundreds of Final Fantasy forums, fan sites, etc. and I just don't see this with any other genre.

lol. That was a bit dishonest since WRPG isnt a proper name of the genre. WRPG fans are talking about RPGs.

It might be true though that JRPG lovers are more passionate and fanatical, more inclined  to discuss and visit forums and  make fan sites than 'WRPG'-lovers.

Not, WRPG is a sub genre just like JRPGs are. They're both RPGs, but they usally play different as they're made on different sides of the world.

It is, but we WRPG lovers dont see it that way. We're just 'playing RPGs'. The WRPG name isnt very established for the WRPG sub-genre. (it's mainly a counter name to JRPG for dicussions sake and clarity)

I don't see it that way. When I tell people my favorite kind of game, I just say RPGs. If they say what kind, then I go into detail.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Uncharted. People built the game up so much, and it became a disappointment for me.

You can count me in the hype brigade for it.  I believe it has awesome graphics, a great story, and real good controls.  It, for me, offered a better movie-like experience than MGS4 did.  It is the king of the Tomb Raider games, as I see it now.

Slimebeast said:
outlawauron said:
Slimebeast said:
outlawauron said:
Slimebeast said:

Valkyrie is lifted to sky high on this site. I watched it on Playme (or what that play-through site is called) and it looked like a sub 80% game.

Bioshock is awesome, but not worthy of 95% it has on Metacritic. Although it's certainly not getting the praise it deserves here on VGC, because this site is strangely enough filled with JRPG-lovers.

You call something overrated that you haven't played.

Forza 3 is overrated! I saw a video and thought it was sub-par. See, that's just stupid.

The playthrough of Valkyrai on Game Anyone is at least 5 hours, maybe 10. You can't compared that to 3 minute doctored trailers of upcoming games lol.

And I noticed something else. The internet is filled with JRPG lovers, because those who love JRPGs have a very high chance of being the hardcore gamer who reads forums and the like.

Regardless of length, watching a video doesn't make you qualified call something overrated.

Internet is not filled with JRPG lovers, but yes they're a lil bit over-represented (shooter and sports lovers are probably dumber).

But on VGC the over-representation is unseen anywhere else. It's not at all like this on Gametrailers and Gamespot etc. Trailers of JRPGs for example get lower user grades than action games. 

The biggest factor is that there's almost no PC gamers here on VGC, and the reason is that the sales numbers are only for consoles. It's unnatural for PC gamers to hang here. So almost only console gamers are on these forums, and traditionally WRPG is a very new genre on consoles, while JRPG is much older and was popular in the past and has thus gained lots of hardcore console fans.

JRPG (and Mario/Nintendo) is almost exclusively a genre tied to consoles, unlike action games, shooters, WRPG etc.

I'm a PC gamer...I'm playing The Witcher Enhanced Edition, and I played Crisis and Sims 3.

For me it is Halo3. It seems for me a plain First Person Shooter.

perpride said:
Anything from Valve.

Considering what your sig is, even money you think MGS4 is one of the best games ever.  Your opinion is likely based on the fact that Valve doesn't want to create games for the PS3.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
perpride said:
Anything from Valve.

Considering what your sig is, even money you think MGS4 is one of the best games ever.  Your opinion is likely based on the fact that Valve doesn't want to create games for the PS3.

Considering what your sig is, showing a gamer card, I think you're a 360 fanboy.

See how stupid that was...

What's wrong disliking valve games? I disliked Half Life 2 Episode 1....have yet to play episode 2.

*Runs away*

coolbeans said:
luvtospooge said:
richardhutnik said:
perpride said:
Anything from Valve.

Considering what your sig is, showing a gamer card, I think you're a 360 fanboy.

What's wrong disliking valve games? I disliked Half Life 2 Episode 1....have yet to play episode 2.

*Runs away*

I had to lol at this, you just posted about outlawron and slimebeast's arguement and you post this (the green)? I recommend you stay away as well.

But but, I liked Portal and L4D :(

coolbeans said:
luvtospooge said:
coolbeans said:
luvtospooge said:
richardhutnik said:
perpride said:
Anything from Valve.

*Runs away*

I had to lol at this, you just posted about outlawron and slimebeast's arguement and you post this (the green)? I recommend you stay away as well.

But but, I liked Portal and L4D :(

Then why say anything from Valve?

I'm not perpride....

Disliked Half life 2 episode 1 but liked Portal and L4d.

Taz! said:
waron said:
God of War entire series(especially Chains of Olympus),
GTA4,
FF7,
FF Tactics,
Uncharted and probably Uncharted 2,
Resistance entire series,
Call of Duty 4 and probably Modern Warfare 2 as well,
new Prince of Persia,
MGS4,
Killzone entire series(especially first 2 games on ps2 and psp),
Ratchet and Clank as a platformer since it's hardly a platformer,
LBP gameplaywise - awesome level editor and just plain wrong gameplay thanks to uber realistic physics,
Gran Turismo entire series since PD didn't do anything aside making better graphics since GT1 on psx and it's still "Real Driving Simulator" and "definitive racer" to them, sony and playstation fanboys eventhough all those games are subpar to most pc racing sims released 10 years ago.

As if you have played all those games in red. You can lie, but I won't believe. 

Also, you obviously haven't played GT5p from your comments - but I already knew that anyways.

The blue part shows that you listen to insideracingsim too much, why people trust them I have no idea. They even said that an old Fanatec wheel was on par with the G25. Also, this also signifies that you know nothing about what you're talking about. You know that 10 years ago on the PC the racing wheels were pure filth, and if you're trying to see how good a racing sim is by using a keyboard then you are going wrong. 

Why? because he disagrees with you? I am thinking the same thing about hal fof your post(your other one). And maybe he played Gt5 prologue a short time with a crappy Sony wheel...

Halo. It´s an average game. Can´t understand the reason people talked so much about Halo when it came out. Then came Halo 2 and 3 and they sad it was worse than Halo 1, but the series keep on selling higher and higher; Halo 3 is about 10 million.