By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overated game of all time.

The Sims, all of them ever made and any future ones!

Around the Network

Uncharted
MGS 4,3 and 2(the first was awesome)
KZ2
Halo 3
GTA IV

But war... war never changes

GTA4.

ohhh forgot to add COD games.....I don't really see why ppl see this miles better/different than other shooters it's the same run here shoot there not saying it's a bad game just saying it's not "OMG GODLY GAME".

Grand Theft Auto 4.

Around the Network

MGS4

The thing is most of the games mentioned in this thread are sequels to great original games (MGS4,GTA4,Halo3 ect). some of the games I listed were good but didn't give me that "WOW! this is a great game" feeling like the originals did. Of course the originals did so much for gaming back in the day people were expecting its sequels to do the same. Thats why they can't live up to the hype.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Wow, I thought to myself "I'll see Halo, MGS4, Killzone 2 and CoD4 within the first page".

I saw them all within the first ten posts.

You guys are so predictable

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

waron said:
God of War entire series(especially Chains of Olympus),
GTA4,
FF7,
FF Tactics,
Uncharted and probably Uncharted 2,
Resistance entire series,
Call of Duty 4 and probably Modern Warfare 2 as well,
new Prince of Persia,
MGS4,
Killzone entire series(especially first 2 games on ps2 and psp),
Ratchet and Clank as a platformer since it's hardly a platformer,
LBP gameplaywise - awesome level editor and just plain wrong gameplay thanks to uber realistic physics,
Gran Turismo entire series since PD didn't do anything aside making better graphics since GT1 on psx and it's still "Real Driving Simulator" and "definitive racer" to them, sony and playstation fanboys eventhough all those games are subpar to most pc racing sims released 10 years ago.

Oh hell no

Agree

The other ones, I can't really give an opinion

To be fair for those games that was mentioned I think they should tell why it's overrated.

I can't think of any games that was overrated. There is no overrated game for me.